The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. 

- Half Life 2

San` and crasX rule!
Fk droolz (but is working on gamrs.co 4.0)

Welcome to gamrs.co - 15+ years of friendly PC and Console gaming!
Registering for a forum account is pretty painless and you'll never see this again. If you are looking to become a contributing GC member and get a reserve across all our servers you need to start here.

Have you been banned from one of our servers? You might have deserved it but sometimes people get caught in the crossfire. Either way, you'll need to read this first, then register on the forums so you can post up in our banned forums and state your case.

See you in-game or on the forums and again, welcome to GC!

Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

R.I.P. Wayfarer aka Paul Kostuik

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

stutters

stutters
  • 13,005 posts      972 topics
    Joined March 18, 2005

i've only played css with him, but there was never a shortage of laughs and good times when he was around. strangefamous introduced me to .gc, but guys like wayfarer are what kept me coming back (so blame him :D). my thoughts go out to those he left behind, but i pray he's at peace.

until the next time, wayfarer.

keeping it real since 1981.

Fairweather

Fairweather
  • 1,324 posts      109 topics
    Joined March 12, 2007

it's people like wayfarer that kept me coming back to this community when I was a kid, nobody deserves to go that young

anonymo

anonymo
  • 9,178 posts      513 topics
    Joined March 19, 2005

I'm at a bit of a loss for words at the moment, to put it lightly.

Wayfarer, I miss you already. I'll never forget the good times we had and the impromptu tour of Buffalo you gave us trying to find the on-ramp to the border on the way home from FF'06.

I count myself among the lucky ones to have known such a great friend. You'll live on eternally in our memories.

Shazz

Shazz
  • 3,302 posts      236 topics
    Joined March 26, 2005

I was and still am blessed to have a friend like Wayfarer. I will miss him.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

ScubaDan

ScubaDan
  • 1,575 posts      59 topics
    Joined February 21, 2005

This is really shocking news...so sad to lose a good friend like Way. Through GC, FragFest, CSS, WoW, Vanguard, (and all the other online games we played), Way was the best friend you could ask for. Always positive, and had a helping hand for everyone.

If you donate money count me in.

RIP Way...

:(

Peckles

Peckles
  • 927 posts      64 topics
    Joined December 15, 2005

I wish his family & friends my condolences. Rest in peace, buddy

tUco

tUco
  • 51 posts      11 topics
    Joined July 9, 2005

RIP Wayfarer

duma

duma
  • 1,226 posts      58 topics
    Joined April 4, 2004

Way.... well, I fragged him a good bit back in the day. RIP Way.

Lunk

Lunk
  • 3,159 posts      458 topics
    Joined January 9, 2003

Sad news indeed. R.I.P. Way, May you always have the sun at your back and the wind in your face......

Dr.cLaShiZ

Dr.cLaShiZ
  • 137 posts      15 topics
    Joined February 26, 2006

So sad, one of the best dudes i've met online. Prayers go out to him and his family.

Scourge

Scourge
  • 166 posts      21 topics
    Joined December 13, 2005

Wow, this took me by surprise. I spent a lot of time playing with Wayf and just chatting with him back when I was active in CS and on GC. I'm deeply saddened by this news.

RIP Wayf, you and your family will be in my thoughts.

-George

Primus

Primus
  • 1,436 posts      75 topics
    Joined October 21, 2004

Like most of you who played with Wayfarer, I too enjoyed many a night in CSS. Wayf was a great guy, for those of you who remember the CSS team, he was there as captain and a great support to all of us. He will be greatly missed by this community. My family and I's prayers go out, may GOD comfort all in this time.

It is a far better place in which he goes, a place that GOD has prepared for him. Rest in Peace my friend.

UnderCover

UnderCover
  • 286 posts      34 topics
    Joined November 24, 2005

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Wayfarer

pavid

pavid
  • 907 posts      12 topics
    Joined June 26, 2005

Oh man, this is shocking news. Though Way and I lived in the same city, we never met in person. Whenever we chatted in-game he was always pleasant. I had no idea that he was ill.

Unfortunately, I can, in a way, understand his decision. When you have a chronic illness you can easily become so depressed that you can only see one way out. It's this black, black monster that took me away from this community and keeps me away. It's quite easy to sound cheerful, especially in on-line chats, even as the blackness eats away at you. I could go on but I won't. Some day I will come back to stay.

Today I came to say a simple good bye to Wayfarer. Rest in peace, Way. You will be missed.

Clueless

Clueless
  • 4,180 posts      314 topics
    Joined November 7, 2004

Hey Pavid, remember,even when things are at their darkest...it's good to have friends, even if they only serve as a temporary diversion, and the server can also be a great distraction, and a place to burn off some frustration, well...or add more, depending on how well you play, lol.

You are always welcome here.

The beatings shall continue until morale is improved

Vovik

Vovik
  • 1,172 posts      77 topics
    Joined February 17, 2005

Even though I have never met him personally or had a chance to get to know him online in a clan/vent/whatever it hits me and makes me sad that this has happened. Rest in Peace, wayf!

Fatty

Fatty
  • 25,810 posts      3,729 topics
    Joined August 18, 2002

I think a gift on behalf of GC would be wonderful, FK. You know our budget, how's $100 sound?

Laz.e.rus

Laz.e.rus
  • 3,696 posts      321 topics
    Joined February 14, 2005

+1 vote for Laz.
I had some other ideas as well....

Intel 860 Lynnfield (Xigmatek Dark Knight cooler) - EVGA P55-sli - 4GB Corsair Dominator 7/7/7/20 - EVGA GTX275 705/1585/1188 -
2x 640GB WD Caviar Black - Corsair 850HX - Antec 900-2

Unclean

Unclean
  • 4,195 posts      302 topics
    Joined February 27, 2005

I only knew wayfarer from the MMO side, but what a guy. Funny how he touches different people's lives in different ways. RIP wayfarer - may you get many frags in that great big LAN party in the sky.

I think a gift on behalf of GC would be wonderful, FK. You know our budget, how's $100 sound?

Can you (or another person that has access) set up a temporary collection through paypal? I know it's the holidays and money is tight, but I still think we'd get way more than $100 to donate on behalf of GC.

EbilDustBunny

EbilDustBunny
  • 6,026 posts      662 topics
    Joined September 2, 2005

I only knew wayfarer from the MMO side, but what a guy. Funny how he touches different people's lives in different ways. RIP wayfarer - may you get many frags in that great big LAN party in the sky.

Can you (or another person that has access) set up a temporary collection through paypal? I know it's the holidays and money is tight, but I still think we'd get way more than $100 to donate on behalf of GC.

I like that. I'm sure we can donate more... if we let others chip in what they can. :)

stutters

stutters
  • 13,005 posts      972 topics
    Joined March 18, 2005

you guys are great! we're definitely discussing it, and hope to get something solidified shortly. we'll make the information painfully hard to miss :D

at some point i'm going to come back and scrub this thread so it's just a memorial to paul. if you guys have any suggestions for donations, please shoot me (or any board member or senior admin) a pm so we can collect those thoughts.

happy holidays - hope you're all enjoying the time you're having with friends and family.

-sj

keeping it real since 1981.

Bush

Bush
  • 899 posts      66 topics
    Joined February 28, 2005

Remembering the good times on scopeless and FF05.

RIP my friend.

-Ben

red3y3z

red3y3z
  • 14 posts      2 topics
    Joined July 10, 2008

I don't play much these days, but everyone here is like family to me.

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.

Brew

Brew
  • 902 posts      69 topics
    Joined November 6, 2005

I'm sorry to hear this news... He was too young for such thing.. He was always fun to play CS with.

Lord Chip Douglas

Lord Chip Douglas
  • 1,031 posts      40 topics
    Joined March 6, 2005

I have a ton of great memories of Way... one of my favorites is getting to be an honorary Canadian in the forming of EH? and the hijinks that in sued. Wayf you will be missed. Someday I'll be in heaven with you laughing about the fun times we had while drinking some tasty Canadian beer. R.I.P. Buddy.

Chip

***EDIT BY FATTY*** If you're not from our forums, please note that this is only the last post on this page...please click the "2" below to continue reading responses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users