First of all I did not buy this game. My bud, rippeddd who I have been friends with since 8/9 y/o gifted it to me for Christmas.
Second point I have to make is that my experience with massive war games is limited to BF:1942, BF:Vietnam, and to lesser extents on that massive part: Insurgency / CoD3
About the game: It is a war game based on tickets and capture points much like the battle field games. The settings are much more natural than games like Insurgency and CoDs. It can take quiet a bit of time to transverse the map. Thankfully squad leaders can set up rally points that act as limited respawns. These can be destroyed so trollish points will not be a thing. Also squad leaders have the ability to coordinate with other squad leaders. Strategy is paramount in this game. Vehicles will be part of the game but they are not at the moment.
Keep in mind this is a early release ALPHA game
- massive maps, tons of room to flank
- gun fire ballistics and sounds are better than most games
- great strategy game
- multiple communication systems(squad and proximity)
- Ability to set up rally points as limited respawn points
- Ability to set up defensible positions. ( sand bags, barricades)
- natural... land around capture areas are not set up with cover in mind...its more realistic
- Some players are SUPER serious ( really serious squad leaders make the game fun)
- Grenades wreck havoc to squads that are too clustered.
- Its a little laggy at this point (massive servers / map size)
- No tutorials
- Some players are SUPER serious (super try hards can grind your nerves when they give their opinions on you or team mates decisions)
- vehicles are not in the game yet but they will be
- not many gun choices at the moment
- character load outs are severely lacking compared to insurgency/ cannot customize ( I do not know if this changes )
- If you become squad leader you will have no idea what you are doing to a greater extent then just a noob first time grunt
- Every game I have played has lasted over an hour.
TbT's final thoughts... If you like fast paced action and seeing your KDR at anytime then this game is not for you. If you are a realism freak and have patience this could be your cup of tea. As for myself I'm undecided. I've never really played games like this so I'm giving it a try and will continue playing. If any more things stand out I will post more.