Skyrim is now host to giant, flying lizards and two-legged cat-men, and you're surprised by me? Yes. I just talked. And am continuing to do so.

- Barbas the Dog (TES:Skyrim)

San` and crasX rule!
Fk droolz (but is working on gamrs.co 4.0)

Welcome to gamrs.co - 15+ years of friendly PC and Console gaming!
Registering for a forum account is pretty painless and you'll never see this again. If you are looking to become a contributing GC member and get a reserve across all our servers you need to start here.

Have you been banned from one of our servers? You might have deserved it but sometimes people get caught in the crossfire. Either way, you'll need to read this first, then register on the forums so you can post up in our banned forums and state your case.

See you in-game or on the forums and again, welcome to GC!

Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hordes

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Socks

Socks
  • 79 posts      9 topics
    Joined January 27, 2012

After all these years I am still confused how hordes (the ones bought from the !buy menu) work on the server. Am I buying a specific number of hordes, like 20, 50, 100? Or am I buying a crescendo event? Also, do booms affect how hordes spawn? 

JackieChan

JackieChan
  • 8,729 posts      400 topics
    Joined April 16, 2003
    L4D2 Mod Developer

It's just a panic event, like when it's quiet, and then you hear that horn sound effect and about 25 zombies come running out of nowhere at you.

I think I should just remove it from the buy menu...

MurderinClony

MurderinClony
  • 250 posts      19 topics
    Joined June 26, 2013

Or can you make it more powerful? Like maybe a buy option for non-stop hordes? Or make the horde option spawn a horde of about 50-60? To make it worth it? Dunno if possible or not but...

"And I'm sure you remember, people kept spawning hunters and bouncing around the map." - Nope
"LOL it's Murderin and Jimm's hunters you're talking about, they are in no way trolling xD . That is their infected class." - Charon

Elias

Elias
  • 87 posts      3 topics
    Joined May 7, 2015

I agree with clony, find some way to make hordes more powerful. It'll be cool if you can choose the type of common you can spawn. Fireproof, bulletproof or even those guys that throw turds at you from swamp fever.IF ITS POSSIBLE

Edited by Mercwoman, 08 August 2017 - 04:33 AM.

rookie101

rookie101
  • 47 posts      6 topics
    Joined May 28, 2014

Make it more powerful.

SpenceTheChef

SpenceTheChef
  • 14 posts      2 topics
    Joined December 2, 2015

Played on a server from time to time that let you spawn a horde of Jimmy Gibbs Jr zombies. That'd be pretty cool, too.

looneypumpkin

looneypumpkin
  • 506 posts      24 topics
    Joined October 19, 2012

Make jimmy gibbs, hazmat or swamp people hordes.

Curiosity

Curiosity
  • 898 posts      56 topics
    Joined March 27, 2014
    Sarcastic Architect

Second on the make them more powerful.

san`

san`
  • 3,065 posts      272 topics
    Joined June 16, 2003

Five tank horde, 100 points.

san`

MPG1770

MPG1770
  • 1,611 posts      190 topics
    Joined April 10, 2011
    L4D2 Wizard

If Hordes are going to be added and I surely hope not (it's fine as it is - not that difficult to ascertain when you can buy), survivors should be given something to counteract such as SI should drop more presents or even pipe bombs instead, idk - but no to Jimmy Gibbs and other special hordes.

Better still as JC says, remove them from the !buy menu altogether

Edited by MPG1770, 08 August 2017 - 02:45 PM.

megahuddle

megahuddle
  • 22 posts      5 topics
    Joined August 13, 2013

half of the time when i buy a horde nothing happens. 10 points down the drain and not a zombie to be seen.

Socks

Socks
  • 79 posts      9 topics
    Joined January 27, 2012

I see. Well, in that case, the hordes do seem underpowered/overpriced.

Anyway, if hordes are going to remain in the game it should be given a distinct appearance at a minimum. Like if player-bought zombies had little hats or something you would at least know that the hordes you bought did in fact spawn. 

MPG1770

MPG1770
  • 1,611 posts      190 topics
    Joined April 10, 2011
    L4D2 Wizard

Or how about a timer alert : "you must wait 30 secs before you can buy this" ?

Yortz

Yortz
  • 332 posts      11 topics
    Joined September 20, 2012
    Loves Peanut

Boomer Upgrade. For an amount of points, when someone gets Dixie boomed or more, it'll attract not only a uncommon common infected exclusive to the map, but also uncommon common infected from other maps. Example, like Dixie dose dixie boom on a survivor in Carni map 2, not only those regular and clown commons are spawned, but also the hazmat commons, police riot commons etc.

Posted Image

I am bad admin

PeanutButterNJelly

PeanutButterNJelly
  • 2,517 posts      171 topics
    Joined July 2, 2012
    Unruly Sammich

It would be nice if hordes were stronger when they are bought

Not sure Jackie can do that though

and also there is an easy counter just throwing fire down easily counters hordes

(Infected)Heroman758 : its probably abusment park
(Infected)Heroman758 : mother of god its swatfishy
(Infected)Ricky Roma : who is swatfishy
(Infected)Heroman758 : can we issue a formal declaration of surrender or something?
(Infected)Defiant : !whiteflag

looneypumpkin

looneypumpkin
  • 506 posts      24 topics
    Joined October 19, 2012

Yeah hordes are easily dealt with, if anything we need more fireproof hordes (ie, Jimmy Gibbs, hazmat) or swamp people to blind you. Of course they should obviously cost more than 10 points and perhaps be limited to how many per round to prevent spamming it. 

tainted92

tainted92
  • 503 posts      26 topics
    Joined October 20, 2011
    I can't calendar

I think hazmats are definitely the better option if it's possible (maybe a horde size for 15 points?), fire is far too effective at clearing a purchased horde, and while a decent way to deal with those is to throw a bile and shoot away, even a Dixie boom stops that method and makes shooting those commons more of a priority (plus it'll help distract those gits who shoot me outta mid-air)

is a game for Fun not for train future soldiers for zombie apocalize.

DAlighieri

DAlighieri
  • 158 posts      10 topics
    Joined August 13, 2015

+1 for more powerful hordes. Let's make them actually useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users