With the Bloody Mess perk, characters and creatures you kill will often explode into a red, gut-ridden, eyeball-strewn paste. Fun! Oh, and you'll do 5% more damage with all weapons. 

- Fallout New Vegas Perk

San` and crasX rule!
Fk droolz (but is working on gamrs.co 4.0)

Welcome to gamrs.co - 15+ years of friendly PC and Console gaming!
Registering for a forum account is pretty painless and you'll never see this again. If you are looking to become a contributing GC member and get a reserve across all our servers you need to start here.

Have you been banned from one of our servers? You might have deserved it but sometimes people get caught in the crossfire. Either way, you'll need to read this first, then register on the forums so you can post up in our banned forums and state your case.

See you in-game or on the forums and again, welcome to GC!

Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Feedback on Hazmat Hordes

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Uncommon Hordes

Like the Hazmat Hordes?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should other variations be added (riot, mudmen)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Is Dixie good at booming?

Vote Guests cannot vote

JackieChan

JackieChan
  • 8,695 posts      400 topics
    Joined April 16, 2003

Aside from voting, what are your opinions on this?  If you can, give your thoughts on each poll question if you voted.

PeanutButterNJelly

PeanutButterNJelly
  • 2,504 posts      171 topics
    Joined July 2, 2012
    Unruly Sammich

I like the idea of any upgrade we can give hordes, maybe just for some more points.

The Dixie question is obvious

(Infected)Heroman758 : its probably abusment park
(Infected)Heroman758 : mother of god its swatfishy
(Infected)Ricky Roma : who is swatfishy
(Infected)Heroman758 : can we issue a formal declaration of surrender or something?
(Infected)Defiant : !whiteflag

MPG1770

MPG1770
  • 1,573 posts      185 topics
    Joined April 10, 2011
    L4D2 Wizard

An increase of points for Hazmats and others if we're going to have them permanently, especially with the Jimmy Gibbs as they can only be killed with a melee (I believe).

MissSpider

MissSpider
  • 3 posts      1 topics
    Joined July 4, 2014

Hazmat hordes suck when you're the only person boomed lol. Happened to me the first night this was implemented. Got boomed and was surrounded by them; couldn't even move! Ran out of ammo during the fight and was trying to reload after buying more, all the while shove spamming to try to keep them off. And my teammates seemed to be non-existent in helping to shoot them haha. I went from about 90 health to 30 after that nonsense :'c

I think they're super effective in the right situations. Such as on a survivor who is separated and boomed on, or someone who has just bought a respawn for example. And I don't want to even imagine them during a tank fight and the team is scattered around. A horde of riot zombies though? Ugh. Why would you even? lol

tainted92

tainted92
  • 503 posts      26 topics
    Joined October 20, 2011
    I can't calendar

Hazmats are great

Riot zombies sound good, although I think they should be about 15-20 points rather than the 10 of hazmats considering

Dunno on mudmen, who even plays Swamp? :p

is a game for Fun not for train future soldiers for zombie apocalize.

JerryThatOneGuy

JerryThatOneGuy
  • 4 posts      1 topics
    Joined June 6, 2016

Any more junk I can spend points on, so I don't get pressured into buying a tank, is fine by me dude.

looneypumpkin

looneypumpkin
  • 429 posts      18 topics
    Joined October 19, 2012

Just watch your team mates and if they're boomed and covered in hazmat zombies help them out. 

JackieChan

JackieChan
    Joined April 16, 2003

Since the consensus seems to be making hordes more expensive, hordes will cost 15 points next update.

I've already coded in riot and mud men into the plugin, but it's not uploaded to the server yet.  The update will allow players to purchase them separately, so you could potentially see hazmat and riot hordes running around at the same time.  All 3 can be purchased at once for a more fearful horde.

MoreReasons

MoreReasons
  • 9 posts      1 topics
    Joined December 25, 2015

A horde that costs 10 points shouldn't easily be destroyed by a molly or a gas can so yea I think it's a great idea. 

Carlos

Carlos
  • 477 posts      12 topics
    Joined September 18, 2014
    First Place Loser

Since you're planning on adding Riot Uncommons and Mudmen Uncommons along with the Hazmat Uncommons, can you also add in the Worker Uncommon (from Hard Rain) and Clown Uncommons as well just to add more unpredictability and variety with the hordes (if that's possible)? Hell, maybe add in the Fallen Survivor Uncommon (from The Passing) just for the hell of it lol
My Wall of Fame (or Shame)

http://steamcommunit...os/screenshots/

looneypumpkin

looneypumpkin
    Joined October 19, 2012

Fallen Survivor would help the survivors though, lol

A bunch of clowns might not be possible but would be hilarious. I love the nose sound from shoving them.

VivaLaBrandon

VivaLaBrandon
  • 87 posts      5 topics
    Joined June 16, 2014

Add Jimmy Gibbs horde for 25 points would be funny to see.

DAlighieri

DAlighieri
  • 117 posts      8 topics
    Joined August 13, 2015

I've been on mod servers with Jimmy Gibbs hordes... they are ... not fun to deal with.

That said, 15 might be too high for the hordes, but there's no harm in testing it, as long as we're willing to tinker to get the balance right.

Edited by DAlighieri, 11 August 2017 - 05:46 PM.

looneypumpkin

looneypumpkin
    Joined October 19, 2012

Jimmies are resistant to fire AND throw mud on your screen if I remember correctly. If they're added they should cost even more. I think 15 is fair for these new fire resistant hordes, especially if we're gonna have multiple types that can be bought at once.

Last night during Hard Rain we had so many hazmat zombies it was pretty crazy because everyone was buying them.

Curiosity

Curiosity
  • 898 posts      56 topics
    Joined March 27, 2014
    Sarcastic Architect

I agree with the increased cost.  They were too easy to spam at 10 points. 

JackieChan

JackieChan
    Joined April 16, 2003

I might change it instead of all 3 being able to be purchased at the time to one at a time because last night when I was testing it, I wasn't sure if I was noticing if they were all spawning.  All 3 types would appear and  run at the Survivors, but not sure if 25 of each uncommon type actually spawned in or not.  I can test it out in the main servers to see if you guys can notice it, but if not, it can be changed.

JackieChan

JackieChan
    Joined April 16, 2003

Also, if I do add Jimmy Gibbs hordes, I'm thinking only like...5 will spawn given how strong they are.  I'll test out the hazmat, riot, and mudmen hordes first, then think about adding more of the others.  Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

DAlighieri

DAlighieri
  • 117 posts      8 topics
    Joined August 13, 2015

What about an option to choose a horde spawn location, like with choose a witch location?

DiXie

DiXie
  • 587 posts      20 topics
    Joined July 11, 2014

This pays out when I'm only able to boom one survivor lol

*EDIT Why am I in the vote?!!  Dammit JACKIE.........

Edited by DiXie, 12 August 2017 - 09:44 AM.

"That's what."
-She

PeanutButterNJelly, on 12 Jan 2015 - 2:57 PM Dixie is obviously a very smart person.

JackieChan

JackieChan
    Joined April 16, 2003

Sorry, Dixie.  My fingers slipped...

Meng

Meng
  • 491 posts      44 topics
    Joined October 25, 2011
    Loves Gambit

When buying them, I noticed they only spawned from behind the survivors and having to chase up to them. May have just been when I bought them though.

ituly

ituly
  • 54 posts      15 topics
    Joined May 24, 2014

can we get a dixie zombie? 

Curiosity

Curiosity
  • 898 posts      56 topics
    Joined March 27, 2014
    Sarcastic Architect

What does a Dixie zombie do that is different from other zombies?attack only one survivor?

DiXie

DiXie
  • 587 posts      20 topics
    Joined July 11, 2014

LOL @ Architect!  That's hilarious!

"That's what."
-She

PeanutButterNJelly, on 12 Jan 2015 - 2:57 PM Dixie is obviously a very smart person.

JackieChan

JackieChan
    Joined April 16, 2003

Observing a few times, seems like uncommon hordes, when used strategically, do become quite the force to be reckoned with.  It's almost like having an 11th player on the field.

Next update will restrict hordes to be spawned in one at a time to buffer out the appearances.  Players can, however, chain them together, but the change will rely on the infected team to communicate to chain them together...or to keep checking the buy menu for when they're available for purchase again.

If they still end up becoming a bit too much for Survivor teams to handle, a 15-30 second cooldown will end up being implemented.

Also, I had a stupid idea.  What if whenever a player buys something, the cost gets evenly distributed to the other team.  Geez, that'd make no sense to do, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users