Welcome to gamrs.co - 15+ years of friendly PC and Console gaming!
Registering for a forum account is pretty painless and you'll never see this again. If you are looking to become a contributing GC member and get a reserve across all our servers you need to start here.
Have you been banned from one of our servers? You might have deserved it but sometimes people get caught in the crossfire. Either way, you'll need to read this first, then register on the forums so you can post up in our banned forums and state your case.
I'll give it a shot. I'm not good at this kind of thing. So my apologies if there's anything wrong.
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:30179165
1. When and how did you find out about GC? And which game did/do you play on? How long have you been gaming on GC overall?
- The owner of the old L4D2 server I used to play quit because of school/work. Bounced around a few servers but didn't like them as most of them was ether too chaotic or too many mods like ultra nerfed infected and survivor with "unique skills". Eventually joined gamrs.co on the steam group server list and gave it a try as it the ping was averaging 90-110 which was good enough for me, back in 2012.
2. Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you.
- Map 2 of Hard Rain I first joined a game in the server. I can still remember the moment I joined in and either it was Matt Kemp or Chief, telling me to stop, get healed and use my AK47 to cover him as he was healing me. I was on the losing survivor side, I'm not sure but I think the players were Zero, Matt Kemp, Chief, Turbo, Paroxysm, SK, Chick, Black Yoshi, The Dude, Tsunami, Lookback, Jerky, Maestro. And as the Pean...newbie of the game, I just kept quiet and followed the veterans, told me about the point system and how to earn and send points, and the famous unofficial spit & die rule. Also told me about the rules of the server on which I wasn't quite sure why at first but since I got interested in the server, kept my mouth shut and just followed it.
3. Tell me about friends you have made while playing our servers and what roles did they have into making you have fun gaming in general.
- Like to poke fun and jokes, especially if Pean..He Who Must Not Be Named joins your team, and the rest is history. Recently San and his gnome raining hax. Meng laughs and giggles all the time even on a team losing by 2000 points. And also really fun playing with the ladies of the server, such as gwamma Dixie booms / snorts, "touching" Spider, jockeying Neptune to her doom, seeing Looney and her Loonay pounces.
4. What keeps you coming back to play GC?
- Boredom, lol. Not really into the latest games right now. I have older games for nostalgic purposes. And someone has to stop Peanut, San and Tainted's reign of tyranny and oppression. And to forget a long and rough day and move on to the next.
5. How has GC affected you as a person, whether big or small, share about it.
- At that time L4D2 was rare in my old homeland and so my old friends got quite surprised when I suddenly got better with first person shooting games.
6. What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?
- Quite a lot, but here are a some of them. In no particular order:
Bittersweet one: Played the game while going through an ordeal, San messaged me on steam asking me what's up. He even offered to help if necessary but I politely refused (Thanks San).
a. On the infected team at map 3 No mercy in the narrow hallway after the warehouse, Peanut joins the survivors, all the infected team charged and spit, and poof, game over. It proved my theory that Peanut joining your team equals instant defeat.
b. Map 2 of Dead Center near the end, Architect changes his name close to Peanut and I warned him not to do it but did it anyway. We get to the area outside the saferoom, and he gets annihilated with a car to the face from a tank, and he swore that he would never associate his name with Peanut ever again. http://gamrs.co/foru...?hl=destruction
c. Dead Air finale, me on survivor team and Tainted on the infected. Plane ready to leave, and as we were getting on the plane, Tainted teleported me away, trying to incap me, but was unsuccessful and still manage to escape. Even Admin haxes couldn't help him win.
d. San's recommendation that Peanut becomes admin.
Saddest moment - when San sent me a request to join a chat with certain other evil board members and they forced me to become one of them.
"Forced me to become one of them". LIES!!!!!
e. Peanut's first time as a new admin (Lord help us). A new player was rushing or cursing, can't really remember. Peanut permanently banned him for reason: 0
f. Max keeps wall pouncing on the side road bridge on Sacrifice map 2, and I keep killing him with the AWP.
g. Chick "accidentally" permanently banned Peanut.
h. On a game where they clearly had 10-20 defibs, but the server only said less than that. Lol. (Correct me on the number if I'm wrong.)
i. Won the kill tainted contest with a death charge on blood harvest finale. Gave the reward to Elias and betrayed me again and again with his high pounces.
j. Won the kill looney contest, but was ineligible for the reward as previous winners can't win.
Sad funny one: Early months into the server. The only admin that I know of a at that time was Maestro playing at map 3 of The Parish, didn't quite know the full rules yet so I kept spamming the bot vocals and Maestro ended up kicking me.
Sad funny one: Map 3 of Dark Carnival at the coaster event. I was not yet a member, and Lookback kicked me out as I was hogging the specs slots at that time when afking in the specs was not auto-kicked by the server.
7. What song reminds you of GC?
- Duck Tales theme song. In my early months of the server, if we survive the finale it gets played and I'm not quite sure who plays it.
8. What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?
- Too personal to put on here for real life goal but I'll just say that I hope to get this ordeal resolved by the end of 2018. L4D2 goal is to slowly improve AWP skills, there are times I'm good at that but mostly average to below average. Deadstopping hunters, I get lucky mostly but not all the time, if only my internet doesn't lag spike all the time. Improve high pouncing as well, as Soosage keeps saying I keep getting baby pounces. And trying to perfect ceiling high pounces, which many new players consider hacking.