http://steamcommunity.com/id/IdleGC - STEAM_1:1:41916233
1. When and how did you find out about GC? And which game did/do you play on? How long have you been gaming on GC overall?
December 2013 when Left 4 Dead 2 was free to download on Christmas. I looked on GameTracker for a populated U.S. L4D2 server and have only played on these two servers regularly ever since. Took some time off before coming back recently and finally becoming a member.
2. Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you.
I remember when I first started, I got singled out by Maestro adamantly encouraging me to use points and server commands. I picked up the commands and rules soon afterwards.
3. Tell me about friends you have made while playing our servers and what roles did they have into making you have fun gaming in general.
Maestro and Mercman have always been around before I took some time off and when I returned. They maintain order in the server and their dedication is often underappreciated.
4. What keeps you coming back to play GC?
Sense of community and nostalgia. When I played Left 4 Dead, I mainly went on this one server and played 18-player extreme co-op. Before that, my cousin and I used to play a lot of versus 10v10 to pass the time in middle/high school. Good times.
5. How has GC affected you as a person, whether big or small, share about it.
I took a break from playing L4D2 as well as other games, social media and countless other time-sinks to focus more on myself and academics. But as my undergraduate degree is coming to a close soon, I figured I'd relax this final semester with only a 12-credit load and classes scheduled only two days a week, two of which I don't bother attending.
6. What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?
One thing I remember clearly was the end of The Hotel in Dead Center, it was only me and Clony shooting out the saferoom door with our SMGs. I remember frantically typing !sp commands out listening to Clony's callouts to try and save our downed comrades.
It's more bittersweet than sad, but I wish I was around instead of taking a long break from playing. I could've maintained friendships throughout the past years until now, but instead I feel like a new player again. I remember General being the top fragger/player, Charon always asking for finale skips, I think Joda even sent me a video of him singing over Steam. Every time I try to force myself to stop wasting time playing video games, I always end up coming back. Gaming has always been a constant in my life, familiarity and nostalgia just keeps bringing me back.
7. What song reminds you of GC?
I've had this addon ever since I installed Left 4 Dead 2 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=218778758). Every time I load Left 4 Dead, open the developer console and type "openserverbrowser", head over to favorites where I have both gamrs.co servers saved before joining, these Shaun of the Dead songs always play before I join.
8. What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?
Get an entry level position in the industry ASAP. I'm graduating this month and it's been discouraging applying and getting rejected from companies. In-game, being a better shot and SI, especially as a tank.