Firefly

Playaa

so I saw a glowing recommendation for this show on PVPOnline.com (web comic)

So this was a tv-show that was produced by Joss Weadon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). It was put into a horrible time slot (like 10:00pm on Saturday night I think) and ended up getting horrid ratings. But it DID get rave reviews.

They released the entire series (only 1 season) on DVD and I figured I'd check it out and I just got done watching the 2 hour series premier...I would rank this show as high as Star Trek (any generation) from watching the premier. It's funny, it's exciting and all around freakin entertaining.

It's a sort of post-nuclear war type gritty scifi. It takes place 500 years in our future with human kinda having colonized most of the known galaxy through terraforming nearly every planet and moon they could. The Alliance is the galaxy government and like all big governments is corrupt. The crew of the Serenity (a Firefly class ship) are basically smugglers...but they're good guy smugglers. The Captain was a former soldier and his first mate served under him.

I DEFINATLY recommend this to anyone out there who enjoys scifi...I enjoyed the 2 hour premier more than I've enjoyed some big budget scifi movies.

check it out people.

I watched a few episodes when it came out but it got real boring, real fast for me. The premier was good though.

On another note - I read that BattleStar Galactica has started shooting for the weekly series on SciFi....woohoo!!!!!

yeah...so I'm going to bump this topic...

soul, specifically to what you said...the shows that aired on the tv aired out of order and while I never saw them that way, many people say it is a TON different when you get to see them in order and making sense.

as for the rest of you...

this, honestly, is one of my favorite tv shows of all time even though there are only 14 episodes. Each episode is like a mini movie and the acting, cgi, scripts in these 1 hour episodes are better than more than half the movies out there...if you haven't seen firefly just sign up with a 2 week free trial from NetFlix and get the first 3 DVD's and maybe even the 4th if you're quick enough...it is WELL worth it I swear.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So I'm a lil' confused...

I saw the resurrection of this topic, and got excited thinking that there was some news on bringing Firefly back....sadly...no I'm depressed....

Firefly is definitely one of the best SciFi series' to come out in a looong time....definitely worth checking out. I too own the box-set and Serenity (the movie)