Your Responsibilities

Fatty

Do NOT plan to arrive before 4 PM on Friday.

Don't show up without:

Food, etc:

1. Some sort of snack to share for the snack table.

2. Some sort of drink for yourself, and some to share if you'd like.

Computer:

1. Your computer, equiped with a NIC

2. Powerstrip

3. Extension cord

4. Network cable to plug into the network.

5. ALL OF YOUR DISKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU RUN.

When you arrive you must:

1. First and foremost, sign the FragFestOhio Acknowledgement

2. Check in with Fatty, get your seat assignment

3. Get your doorprize ticket (which is solely your responsibility to keep track of)

4. Unpack your computer.

5. Have your computer checked for viruses (you are NOT to plug your own machine into the network...one of our virus checkers will do this for you once your machine is deemed clean)

---

We've done this list before...please help me complete it, even if you simply dig up the old one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you arrive:

Pull up the main drive and unload your computer onto the front deck. Coolers and food stuffs will have their own area. We have a fridge this year for the meat and other stuff that needs to be in there. But, coolers should be available for drinks as the fridge space is limited.

Ask where to park. The parking will be along a very close street or in a parking lot within a couple hundred yards. Someone will be there to tell you where to put your car.

Bring swimming trunks/suits without rivets or anything that could damage the liner. You'll want to swim and the pool is very convenient :)

If you have drivers for video/audio/components that you can burn to CD, it might be helpful to you or others to have around, just in case.

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting, but we'll get to those...

Any chance of coming down a day early? I hate car trips (have done the VA-IN trip probably nearly 100 times) and like to get it over and down with. I was thinking about coming down Thursday afternoon (depending on whether Lance, my convoy-mate can do it).

We won't need any small fridges. There will be plenty of coolers. But thanks for the offer.

There are a few different places for tents. More than likely they'll go out near the horseshoe pit a bit away from the house.

I've already purchased a volleyball set for the court. So we're good to go there.

Quesitons:

--How long should the network cables / extension cords be? Will 15' be enough? More?

--What virus scanner will youse guys use? Would it be helpful if we installed a copy before making the trip up and updated the database or would y'all rather install and scan from scratch?

--Are there any other shared-access needs? For example, do we need more computers for servers? Fridge space? Network hardware? I'm sure you guys planned this all out ahead of time, but if something comes up let us know.

Thanks!

THX and I are the Virus-Scanner guys. He said that last year m0m had something for him to use but I haven't heard anything yet this year. I have been testing a bootable-Linux disc that seems to do a very good job for detection (can't really do fixing cuz NTFS drives are in read-only using it.

The cd is called FIRE. It can do recursive scanning 1 level down (it can scan files in a zipped/rarred file but not zipped up zip files). I know Norton's Antivirus can do recursive scanning 3 levels down though so we are still in discussion regarding what we are gonna use.

Any chance of coming down a day early? I hate car trips (have done the VA-IN trip probably nearly 100 times) and like to get it over and down with. I was thinking about coming down Thursday afternoon (depending on whether Lance, my convoy-mate can do it).

if you want to come on thursday, i don't see a problem with staying at my house. unless you want to get a hotel. i live about 45 min from lancaster.

i definately don't have room for more than 10 people...but if anyone wants to come down a day early...you are more than welcome to chill at my house

If we have norton, can we just scan before the lan and just show you the date of the full scan?

No. Well, let me correct that. Sure! But before you plug in to the network, you will be scanned by one of our guys.

And as far as your seat: There will be some reserved seating, so you'll have to choose from what's left for that...so basically, you'll see me for that. mk?

So this year u guyz don't need hepl with setup and all?

I was thinkning coming thursday and staying for a night in Lancaster....

We have staff set up to, um, set up. But seeing that you usually coming bearing gifts, you are welcome anytime you wish! :wub:

Ok so from what I see here there is no need for me to put any norton garbage on my PC because you will have the ability to scan me at the door? Correct?

Also if we do arrive at say 3:30pm will we get the smack down or do we just have to wait outside for a few min?

Should I bring my 50 foot cat5 cable or would a 15 footer be ok? I will bring both but I'm curious what I'll be using.

Is the sky really blue or is it that refracted light deal?

Edited by Preacher

Is the sky really blue or is it that refracted light deal?

They sky is really red!

No. Well, let me correct that. Sure! But before you plug in to the network, you will be scanned by one of our guys.

And as far as your seat: There will be some reserved seating, so you'll have to choose from what's left for that...so basically, you'll see me for that. mk?

rgr

Any chance of coming down a day early?  I hate car trips (have done the VA-IN trip probably nearly 100 times) and like to get it over and down with.  I was thinking about coming down Thursday afternoon (depending on whether Lance, my convoy-mate can do it).

if you want to come on thursday, i don't see a problem with staying at my house. unless you want to get a hotel. i live about 45 min from lancaster.

i definately don't have room for more than 10 people...but if anyone wants to come down a day early...you are more than welcome to chill at my house

That sounds cool to me Trub. If I do come early, it would be me, Lance, and RiZAd. Is that ok? I still have to verify it with them.

Also...did I hear you say you play pool? :boing::boing: