Some bad news

Xterminator

Alright ladies an gentlemen. Here's the deal. I had an interview for a job on Wednesday. To make a long story short. I was offered the job (But being a student) they can't give me any time off....I mean any time. They asked me during the interview what my schedule was like. I said everythign is fine except for the weekend of Fragfest (i said i would need thursday friday and possibly monday off) because that's what me and Shaw agreed on.

When i got the call at home saying i could have the job. They said if i take the job no time off. So i had no choice. I need the money for school to make tuition so sorry to say Fragfest will not happen for me this year. I start the new job next week on monday, so i'll see what i can do. Maybe i can still get a day off.

For now, i guess Sammy will take my spot as the 65th. Sorry everyone, i'm not happy about this decision either. It's kinda ironic because during the interview, they asked me what was the greatest sacrifice i've made for a job. I didn't have an answer until i took the job and gave up fragfest.

Sowwy :(

:(

I was lookin forward to meeting you X....next year at least then I suppose.

I also suppose this is a good place for me to put mine too...I just got a job that starts on Tuesday...the job has a TON of work to do and I don't know if I'm gonna get off either (although, if I HADN'T gotten the job there would be no way I could go since I'm that broke...but this job pays twice what I used to make so if I have the time I'll have the money)

I'll let you guys know later after I find out for sure.

Yeah I got lucky with my summer job. They asked straight up the first day if I had any planned vacations. To bad they arn't paid :( So I miss out on like 700$ I could have made for next week and FF04. But oh well. Sorry to hear you guys can't get off. :cry:

Hey Xterminator,

Perhaps this already occurred to you but I thought I would mention it. I've changed jobs several times in the past and always (with a new company), if you are less than 6 months in service, you get no time off. However, something that might work for you if it's a "benefits" related issue and related to tenure at the company is the following:

Offer to work a full day on Saturday before FF in exchange for being off that Friday before FF. You might have to return home on Sunday but at least you wouldn't miss out on the whole event. I don't know if your company would entertain this idea but it's something you could try.

Fatty's right - you made the right and tough decision. Now, perhaps things will work out good for you but if not, you made the right decision. Good luck dude.

Cranky

Here's the prob

Cranky, i start the new job on monday.

My dad works there and everyone speaks highly of him so i dont wanna mess anything up.

My job will be a go to guy, i'm being used to cover for people on vacation. They can't spare me.

I can't just do overtime cuz i have to be working for someone. I can't just do nothing.