3-5' patch cords?

Mini_Me

I will be about 30 patch cords short of supplying 96 of them for our 96 port switch. does anyone else have (30) - short 3-5' patch cords we could use?

if not, i will ask FineLine to see if they could supply.

thanks!

I thought all the wiring is being done by one of our sponsors? If so, we don't have to worry about the patch cables, just our own comp-to-switch cable.

they are doing all the punch-downs and 'could' get us some if needed, but figured no reason for them to spend more than they already are when this is something we could easily provide.

and I am planning on having capacity for 120 connections (96 via cat400, 24 via 2924) in the rack. rather have too many then not enough.

I think what dweez was saying was that everyone was and still should plan on bringing their own short cable to hook into the network.

That's one of the items I listed here.

So, we should be set by a long shot. Thanks for arranging the wiring, Minish.

I think what dweez was saying was that everyone was and still should plan on bringing their own short cable to hook into the network.

That's one of the items I listed here.

So, we should be set by a long shot. Thanks for arranging the wiring, Minish.

Im not talking PC-> switch, but from patch panel -> switch, needed 96 of those lil guys :wub:

thanks watch!!! :boing:

30 - good

straight thru please

spools = stranded twisted pair, either in the shielded or unshield variety. mine will all be unshielded.

red - do you have the crimpers as well? if not i can bring.

I have some left over wiring of double twisted pair (essentially, two sets of regular twisted-pair connected via the shielding plastic). It could probably be used to create pairs of patch cables which shouldn't be a problem since most of the rj-45 connectors on the patch panel and switch should be close together (say make P1 and P2 (patch cable 1 and 2) one of the "paired" patch cable and connect it to port 1 and 2 on the panel and ports 1 and 2 on the switch.

Don't know how long they are needed but could probably make 6 sets or so (12 total patch cables) if they 2'-3' cables are needed...more if shorter are needed.

Watchtower is a cable/internet installer....hes got all that equiptment...

Is there a way to get me some free stuff, bulk cat5e and conectors etc. :wink::D

In a couple of weeks I'm going to help a manager of mine install a home network in his house.