People Most Different than you expected?

Fatty

So, who was different than you expected, by anything: demeanor, looks, etc?

For me, HighPlainsDrifter was a stand-up gentleman, helping out absolutely every chance he got....but he's a DLM, so to me that was a real surprise!

Mrs. Mustard looks completely different than her avatar. Maybe it's the perm...or was the avatar a straight perm??!

I gotta say dweez was vastly different than I expected.

as was eXile (for some reason I pictured him as a young short white kid...not the Fatty-wannabe that he is)

uumm...about 95% of VI was just too shocking to even imagine before I met them...so there's that.

:P

I have to go with Wingnut or Jaksiel probably. Both were completely off the mental image I had. I was way off base. For Wing, I didn't really have a preconceived image, which itself was odd, so when I saw him, it was just a shock to finally put a face to the name. For Jaks, for some reason, I always pictured him sorta similar to the leader of his old clan, TFX Soundwave, shorter, a bit chunky, and short, short hair. Don't know why I thought this...just did.

Watch was also a bit different than his more outspoken persona in the Political/Spirituality forums (not a lot, just a little quieter). Great guy.

Well a lot of the people I met last year, so I can only go by the new faces this year.

Them VI boys really suprised me, they are dead sexxay!!!!!!

No really I would have to say BGB was the one that didn't fit the image in my head this year.

I'm not really sure what I expected him to be like, but kingtutt was a lot different from that. I was also kinda surprised by Slaphappy just because he looks exactly like a friend of mine from high school.

i would say that the person whom I was the most shocked at was "cranky bullfrog"

I expected something totally different..dunno why, just did...maybe it was the name that threw me off b/c he gets the award for most laid back and he was calm the whole time. Awesome guy.

Oh, speaking of height...

Sheepnutz for one....looks so tall in his avatar...

and puppy's staff picture was what I had to go on...got there and had to look up at him the whole time, how tall are you pup? 6'5? So, sheep was shorter than I expected, and pup was taller.

i'm between 6'2'' and 6'3'' but I say I'm 6'2''

and we shoulda got a pic with Fatty, Exile and Dweez all together...talk about eerieness

lies...according to my doctor I'm 6'1" 3/4"...and you're at least an inch or 2 taller than me.

your height (and accent) had me suprised...but I guess that's what PuppySuprise does?

:unsure:

Thanks for the kind words Pup! I aspire to be a calm and patient person but as Nyx can tell you, I have my off days too! :angry:

Actually, Nyx and I had one fairly un-calm (is that a word?) moment when I went to open the large two-liter bottle of Root Beer I brought with us (it was really loaded!). :o

Fortunately not too much root beer got into the keyboards (or on us) since it is about the stickiest drink known to man!

I would have to say my greatest surprise was Mag. He was as much fun as I imagined from some of his witty comments online but he was a good bit shorter than I had pictured him. I think it's the voice. Anyway, he had a good sense of humor even when pounded by the VI folks.

Anyway, surprises or not, it was a great bunch of folks with whom to get together. I'm already anxious to plan my trip for next year!

Cranky B)

I would have to say my greatest surprise was Mag. He was as much fun as I imagined from some of his witty comments online but he was a good bit shorter than I had pictured him

HA!

I think that's EVERYONE'S response to Mags

:P