What were your favorite parts about FF04?

Fatty

I fully enjoyed the side events as well...though volleyball seemed to encourage more of a crowd than holdem did...maybe that was just me.

uuumm...I really really really liked how Puppy put so much work into getting us all teh g00d l00tz!!1

Doesn't help with getting more sponsors, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking the side events were a real hit. I only used my computer to play CS on Friday night. After that, the weekend was spent socializing and with the side events. Never did play BF1942, COD, or UT2k4. And all was well :)

I LOVED all the side events. The Volleyball was great fun! Maybe basketball or some other sports next year in addition would be fun. I loved meeting all the friendly people in the community too.

Texas Hold'em is a must next year ...

ALL the side events were well thoughout and it was great that we followed through with them.

Next year perhaps add another side event - make the CS tourney a little longer - and make sure we do at least 1 of the other tourneys and we will be all set...

DEFINATELY LOVED THE FOOD too...wow...Mmmm "thatsa spicey meat-a-balla"

Good eats, good games, and all around good fun.

Gunny

I would like to see an additional day, maybe start at on thursday afternoon. Ya this may be hard for some, but given the dates early enough in advance (like it was this year) give people plenty of time to ask for it off from work. Then the people going need to decide if it is worth taking another day off for, which in my opinion it is a no brainer, HECK YA!!! I'd take an extra day for it.

What did I like most?

SIMPLY EVERYTHING! :boing:

Ok, guess I need to re-work the list a bit. I really (no REALLY) enjoyed meeting the other players. It's always good to put a face to the name. It's nice to talk about what we do for a living, what our home is like and our favorites things in life such as family and hobbies. I enjoyed talking to Mag and Watch about their work - fascinating and talented guys. So, in a nut, my favorite thing was the comraderie! (Thanks YerMother -for helping us with some PC stuff too - what a great storehouse of knowledge and really helpful guy!)

Of course I really enjoyed the gaming - kinda goes without saying - although I wish I had done better in the tourneys (those evil team 7 guys - you know who you are).

I'd have to say all the prizes were pretty cool too. Thanks Pup and others. It's kinda like when you were a kid and you went to some other kid's birthday party.... it's nice to take home a souveneir or two yourself. The T-shirts were cool and despite the humor exhibited on some of the items (man we're an ungrateful lot sometimes! ;o), I think everyone appreciated receiving something to take home. I'm still enjoying the Ginger Ale (with help from the family).

Anyway, kudos for a well run event. I know lots of hard work went into it and I want you to know that I really appreciated all your efforts!

Cranky B)

I probably don't have to add this but I will - the food was GREAT! (I'm sure anyone that saw me stuffing another something-or-other in my mouth knew that I enjoyed the food!) (Just ask Mag - I decided to wear some of it home on my new FF04 T-shirt too! fortunately, it washed out!)

B) My hat is off to the cooks and food-prep folks!

Foods great, people are great!

I really like sw00ps idea. It seems too short. Maybe addon a day. As far as gaming goes I was really looking forward to the UT2k4 tourny. Never happened :( I would like to do at least 2 tournys.

I also liked hanging out at Trouble's and Watchtower's house. Thanks for having us over. Sorry about the holes in the wall :P

Well, this was my first time at FragFest and I greatly enjoyed the whole thing honestly. The Side events such as volleyball helped to break up the gaming a bit and get away from the comp and move around. The people were cool and nice, respectful of all. I had the privilage of meeting most of you and for those i didnt, i will next time. The worst part was to have it end really, i was having that much fun :boing:. I did like the CS tournament and really wanted to play the UT2k4 tourney, but oh well. FragFest has been the best LAN ive been to so far and ive been to quite a few now.

Can we have Volleyball next year too? :)

The worst part was to have it end really, i was having that much fun

amen man...flat out the worst part

Fatty, I say we go ahead with the whole Cult/Commune/Warcraft Game.

I'll even be a Peon and harvest gold for the sake of all.

I can't think of anything I didn't like, but my favorite was the way everyone just had a good time. I don't recall playing more than 3 or 4 rounds of CS (and really don't recall that), but I really was just having more fun meeting people, playing volleyball, and singing with longhair.

Doesn't help with getting more sponsors, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking the side events were a real hit. I only used my computer to play CS on Friday night. After that, the weekend was spent socializing and with the side events. Never did play BF1942, COD, or UT2k4. And all was well :)

same for me and i had a freakin blast!!!

Loads of fun! Well organized, lots of servers (too bad Steam updates are mandatory) and lots of socializing. The non-gaming events were fun, but with that many people in one place I'd like to see some baseball going on if we have enough room next year (wherever the spot is). That, or arrange a field trip to a park with a diamond. There's too many people to not have baseball I think.

The staff did a really great job, too. No matter what happened, they managed to jump right on the problem and work it right out. Power was never out long, servers were always re-worked (CS tourney was a bit troublesome, but again, curse you Steam!), nothing ever stopped the fun or broke pace. Great job, all! Thanks again!

The best part about FF04 for me was the non gaming things that we did. As Fatty said, “We can play games against each other at home�.

It was a nice change of pace to have some physical activities at a LAN party. I’m not a very physical person and pretty “non-movement� That’s right I’m FAT but I still enjoyed the Volleyball. I would like to have a ping pong table next time and maybe basketball. Oh yeah, the food was awesome THANKS!!!

I really enjoyed playing volleyball, just wish I had joined in on the tourney. Football would have been awesome cuz I pretty much was the biggest dude that played any of the sports so just let me lead the way ;)

screw basketball...the ping pong is a GREAT idea.

or FOOSBALL!

YES.

YES YES YES YES YES.

I would so own ALL of you at foosball. Now there's a game I'm good at.

:) i'll play ya

the table i used to play on had skunk rule. If you don't score, you run to 7-11 and back nekkid. ( 2 blocks ) I never had to run over the 3 years, but i saw plenty do the run. foosball and bbal at FF04 would rox.

i liked meeting all the people i didn't meet lastyear! and seeing the familiar faces. i'm glad that some could make it on thursday for some chilling. i would also like to see ff run an extra day, with plenty of advance notice. 1 day is definately not enough time.

basketball would be cool, except that i'd have to own you all! :P

everything was great...good job to all who made it possible and it was really cool meeting everyone :wub: (except the dork who put the holes in my wall ;) )