What can we do better next year?

Fatty

Well Playaa, I didnt serve any Maragritas or Shots to anyone under 21...I pretty much only servered drinks to 3 year vets and vets from last year whom I knew were 21..

So please dont drop my name when you dont have your facts straight...

As for smoking, I pretty much only played at the computer on Friday, so if my smoke was bothering you Sat it musta been from outside.

If you would have asked me to not smoke, I would have.

Edited by redeyez

As for smoking, I pretty much only played at the computer on Friday, so if my smoke was bothering you Sat it musta been from outside.

If you would have asked me to not smoke, I would have.

I meant that I THOUGHT it was your smoke (and Chambers) bothering me but then when I looked around I realized the smoke was coming from everywhere so it wasn't your fault. And I didn't wanna inconvenience you guys when no one else was really going outside much (though some were and I appreciate that)

Plus, if something would have happened where as someone underage was drunk and got them hurt it would fall into your hands or whatever the waiver said.

The waiver said you're 18, an adult, and you WILL NOT DRINK unless you're 21. That person is on their own if they're sneaking cause FF didn't PROVIDE any alcohol.

Anyways, without beating it into the ground, I think the consumption was okay.....nothing lost control...we didn't have to sack Rooster (close, but never had to)

Anyways, amazing how easy this topic is compared to the other.

From here on out, please post some NEW feedback on things we can do better. Repetitions in THIS forum will be removed.

I've missed the last two :( , but I'll offer some ideas for next year, cuz dammit all, I'm going next year!

Fatty, could you let us know what kind of venue you've "homed in on"? The big problems I see with a hotel conference room are what was mentioned before with power and accessibility but also with freedom to do things like volleyball, smoke and drink, sit outside at night and jam (I'm bringin a hand drum next year).

organization of tournaments before is a good idea, we tried to do it this year, EXCEPT that it eliminates some of the freedom to just hang out that everyone loves. But, two organized games wouldn't really cut into anyone's chill time too much. I would certainly like to get a huge game of something like Battlefield going.

as far as the smoking issue, lets create a non-smoking section next year so anyone who "CAN'T STAND" smoke will have the option of setting up away from the smokers and anyone who doesn't care. A simple large fan or two blowing the smoke away from the non-smoke section would probably suffice to keep their section smoke free without them being too cut off from the group.

also, I think it would be fun to have sub-sections for each clan. Nothing separated, just clusters of seats for Mmmm, VI, DLM, etc, with banners for each guild hanging above their section. We could do a UT2004 team deathmatch with each guild having their own team and battling it out over a couple maps.

lastly, this next year, how about we leave the age at 18+, and have NO talk beforehand about drinking. It's happened every year, each year the event goes smoothly, so lets not even waste forum space with it this year.

We kinda did the "sub-cluster" for clans this year. VI took up 20 seats!!!!! YAR!

Yep, Mmmm sat together, I saw some DOH real close to each other, in fact longhair moved to site by Mustard and Kurtz....DLM of course were caged in the back row.

Venue? Bigger and better. Don't you sweat it, brother.

I enjoyed fragfest, and the only thing I didn't enjoy really was the way tournaments were set up and dropped at random. Alot of the guys discussed how this was more of a gathering of a community than an actual Lan, as I've never been to an actual Lan. But there is nothing wrong with that in the slightest, I just came prepared for more gaming than I got I guess. Maybe next year we could sign up for tournaments such as UT2k4, CoD, DoD, etc that will happen?

I enjoyed fragfest, and the only thing I didn't enjoy really was the way tournaments were set up and dropped at random. Alot of the guys discussed how this was more of a gathering of a community than an actual Lan, as I've never been to an actual Lan. But there is nothing wrong with that in the slightest, I just came prepared for more gaming than I got I guess. Maybe next year we could sign up for tournaments such as UT2k4, CoD, DoD, etc that will happen?

Yep, good point, and I apologize for the scheduled events not taking place. We have to do some serious planning in this area.

1 problem was that we got STEAMED by an update right when we started CS (what are the chances of that anyways?) so that pushed it back further than it was supposed to go.

Additionally, we overplanned.

We'll be brainstorming about this before next time. Perhaps it's time to go to the next level and actually have teams sign up BEFORE the LAN, and lock the registration down before we even get there. That way, before the 1st day even comes, I know how many matches of what games will be needed to complete each tourney. While random teams are fun and encourage socialization, it just takes more time.

PS. I removed all the other junk between Lance's post and mine (although playaa's man-boobs comment cracked me up rofl)

By the way, they weren't dropped at random, we just didn't have the time to fit them in. Popular hold-em and volleyball tournies pushed their way into the rest of the schedule.

That's cool. It just seemed to me that you guys went to the trouble to print off that pretty sign-up sheet for the tournies, then said "You wasted the effort it took to write your name" and lemme tell ya, that was alot of effort. :D

But in seriousness, I'd like to have more tournaments next year if at all possible.

Edited by lance