3DMARK05 SCORES HERE

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

Download it from here: http://www.futuremark.com

You need a DX9 card (nvidia fx5200 and above / ATI 9500 and above) to run this test. Post your Compare URL's here.

Edit: Please submit your scores and post your Compare URL's here.

Also make sure you disable Vsync, AA and AF if you have them turned on.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

To Get your Compare URL:

WHat you do is go to the left where it shows your project manager and you will see all of the scores for like 3dmark2005. You have to make that "Published", update it and then you will have what is called a compare URL.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

Woohoo, My score turned out quite well. Better than a typical x800 Pro according to some of the reviews I've seen.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=15686

Score: 5224.

Lets seen if anyone can beat that (Especially with system at stock settings)

Cleaning up other posts to keep this on topic.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
whoa, how come your score absolutely rocked mine?  and weve got the same graphics card.

my cpu score is similar to yours but not the 3dmark score.

im gonna update my drivers and try again.

Make sure you have all of the latest drivers including DX9c, the new 8.07 Beta drivers which are FM approved, your latest Chipset drivers for your motherboard. Also make sure you have AA and AF turned off in your video control panel.

My score isn't as high as it should be. I think it is about normal for my card at stock and regular speed. CPU speed doesn't effect score too much. Would like to see Bean's and AK's scores who have the same cards and somewhat similar cpu's.

EDIT: golly gee! man, it says your FSB or Front Side Bus is only 32 Mhz. Make sure you have the latest bios and your system isn't too overclocked.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

Actually my score is on par with what is an X800 XT (NOT the PE version) at Pro speeds. Your score Spiral is most like driver related, you should be in the high 4000's.

Check out the scores at the bottom of the review here and notice the fastest cpu out there is being used. http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/3dmark--05/

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

wow AK, you have an X800 and not running DX9c and using older drivers? wow. I update everytime a new set comes out for the performance increases and the new features and everything. Spyware will also mess up your system speed.

hmmm. i updated my drivers to the new Catalyst Control Center and my 3dmark score went down! as for the 8.07 beta drivers, I was just reading that it is risky installing them, so Im gonna wait till its not beta anymore.

Why is my FSB only 32 mhz? My system isnt overclocked at all (cept for ATItool).

Where can I find the latest BIOS?

Gawd im stupid...

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

Spiral, list your entire system specs. Mobo make and model number, everything.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with using the 8.07 drivers. I beta test them all the time, enver any issues. THis is by far the best set of ATI drivers to date to be honest. There is an AGP memory bug in the previous sets that get resolved with this with application that use lots of texture memory (That includes 3dmark05).

Edited by zerodamage .gc

wow AK, you have an X800 and not running DX9c and using older drivers?  wow.  I update everytime a new set comes out for the performance increases and the new features and everything.  Spyware will also mess up your system speed.

yea i haven't been gaming much lately and when i do it's only CS, so i haven't needed to keep up.

been running with no Windows SP's, Cat4.8's and Dx9.0b for a few months. Not like CS will play any better with all the updates. :freak:

edit. i was just reading a thread with scores and i know im a good 1200+ points under what i can be with a format and new drivers... lmao. Are these new beta's legit ? I mean 1.2k gains from a driver update, thats an avg of like 20-25% gain, it would cost me 800 in a cpu upgrade to get a 25% gain from hardware right now...

Edited by All Kill3r

3DMark just took a big dump on my 9600XT :(

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=44536

I'll try those beta drivers once (if) Omega gets his version of them out. Can't be without that custom version of Radlinker. :)

And it was kind of neat to see the 3DMark01 creature all grown up now and attacking that balloon ship (even if it was at 5 fps). :freak:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
3DMark just took a big dump on my 9600XT :(

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=44536

I'll try those beta drivers once (if) Omega gets his version of them out. Can't be without that custom version of Radlinker. :)

And it was kind of neat to see the 3DMark01 creature all grown up now and attacking that balloon ship (even if it was at 5 fps). :freak:

That score is about right for your vid card and system. Did you know that the 9600 XT beats the 5950 Ultra at this test?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Are these new beta's legit ? I mean 1.2k gains from a driver update, thats an avg of like 20-25% gain, it would cost me 800 in a cpu upgrade to get a 25% gain from hardware right now...

Yes, there was a bug with AGP memory addressing on the cards where all 256MB were not being used. It is legit because the PCI Express of these cards were already scoring with previous drivers what it took for these to fix.

Wow - those new drivers definately make a big improvement on 3DMark05. Bumped it up from 1216 to 1577 (some 30% or so). Kinda funny that my card managed to beat out the top 5950 Ultra score by 27 points. Also to note is that the 5950U still sells for three times the price of the 9600XT where I made my purchase (even the 6800GT is something like $50 CAD cheaper).

Doom3 went up around 2fps as well, and UT2004 seems a little smoother (I don't know how to make it spit out a number like with UT2003's bench program, but the numbers in "stat fps" are better). All in all; an excellent driver set.