pretty sure i missed something

flux

ya guys ... what in the world is cs:source??? can someone fill me in plz? i must have been gone for awhile .. i havent played steam since the awp froze the game when you shot .... but do u have to buy this or what??

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
cs:s is like an updated version of CS that is going to be retail very soon, meaning you have to pay for it. I'm pretty sure most are moving to CS:S from CS when its released.

What CAL does will effect that a lot.

I'm still not sold on CS:S...

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
What CAL does has zero impact on us, actually.  We'll be full blown CS:Source if my discernment is correct in interpreting the reactions of the coalition.

Obviously, I'm referring to the masses.. server companies will follow CAL most likely, etc :].

Not to mention all the little kiddies that don't know what source is ;).

You don't think CAL will go CS:S? I'm still a bit lost on what your point was...did it have something to do with his mention of "paying" for the game? Or are you talking about CAL and acceptance of the game or what?

Server companies will do both, they'll sell to whatever demand there is, they don't care. They don't determine the genre of what is run on their boxes, they run what's desired.

Fatty, im just wondering. If source is a bomb, will you move trop back to normal cs?

I can't see this happening. I see CS:S as the next generation of a game we've played to it's death....it's like a new Star Trek or something. Sure, the old ones were great, but you can't watch the re-runs forever.

CS was a great run, but she's an old horse now. Let her go.

Besides, if we still had a 1.6 server, it would probably just be the cheap people getting pwnd by the hackers 24/7. And when I say cheap, I mean it, because if you're anything like me, I bought Half-Life how many years ago, without knowing I was going to be playing CS...and played CS for how many years without ever sending another dime to Sierra or Valve or anyone? Then I think about a handful of games that I bought along the way that were ok for about a day or two.

I can't wait for CS:S, big servers, and, probably most importantly, the revival of our community....a reunion of sorts, back on the field on which most of us met. I expect to see some old-timers resurface and log back in to see what all the hubbub's about!

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

My point was entirely missed, so I won't bother :P.

All I'll say to sort of explain waht I mean is; most teams in CAL have a server, I'd say for ever 8 players you have 1 server, espeacilly if you start inclduing pubs. Server companies (big ones: GR, GD, NRG) care much more about Privates than Publics due to the fact that it's almost guarenteed. As far as what CAL does, I think they'll wait until current CAL season is over and then offer teams to "shift" from 1.6 -> source while staying in their divison (invite, main, whatever).

I should've just expanded more to start with, but whatever.

Here's hoping CS:S doesn't suck.

i doubt it will i think source is gonna kick some major butt. my clan thought CS got old moved on to DoD now all the talk of source and some of the clan playing it many will be switching back to CS. i dont see anything but good comming from this.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
just like 1.1, there will be many improvements to be made and glitches to fix before multiplayer gets really smooth and refined, like CS is (even if it is old)

I think it is already there really. The hitboxes are much better than cs 1.6 and the smoke and flashes are actually much more useful than before. If a flash hits you, you are helpless for several seconds. Smoke makes for excellent cover. Drop one in a hallway and it is a virtual black wall.