CS:Source Released October 7th, 2004

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Tomorrow at 11 am PST, the Half-Life 2 Steam offers will be ready for purchase. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.

ATI/Half-Life 2 bundle owners may redeem their product key for the Bronze offer or apply their key toward the purchase of either the Silver or Gold offers, receiving a credit equal to the price of the Bronze offer.

Also tomorrow, the Counter-Strike: Source beta will close. Valve would like to thank the thousands of gamers who participated in the beta and helped make it a success.

http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=325

So... do we have a server ready for tomorrow? I am ready to roll!!

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Any word on when it comes out to stores? I'd rather not prepay for HL2 at this time...

GC Alumni
(edited)

HM :o

But if you read the nice fine print:

Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.

They aren't yet releasing HL2, so who knows when those of us who want to buy the retail Version (box) will be getting Source :bang:

My bet is that they're just trying to get something out to keep everyone's interest going until they finally get HL2 out, which won't be for awhile I think :boo:

stupid typos <_<

Edited by Ice_Berge_00

my lands xgs is already on it...

News Post From SteamPowered.com below. Now it seems its being released tomorrow but

they never actually say it. They say you can order it tomorrow so Im assuming you

can play it then as well. All CS:Source Beta servers will be upgraded because the

Beta Version will be Unplayable as of tonight/tomorrow timeframe. Those of you that

would like to be switched to the new full version HL2 Source please submit a support

ticket for upgrades or swicth overs and/or place a order for new server setups once

it is released. The pricing and everything is below for the Source release. If you

have any questions please let me know but we will have extra staff on duty tomorrow

to make sure everyone is taken care of promptly.

STEAM NEWS START:

Tomorrow at 11 am PST, the Half-Life 2 Steam offers will be ready for purchase.

Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike:

Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made

available to purchasers upon their release.

ATI/Half-Life 2 bundle owners may redeem their product key for the Bronze offer or

apply their key toward the purchase of either the Silver or Gold offers, receiving a

credit equal to the price of the Bronze offer.

Also tomorrow, the Counter-Strike: Source beta will close. Valve would like to thank

the thousands of gamers who participated in the beta and helped make it a success.

For more detailed information, please visit www.steampowered.com.

Half-Life 2 Steam Offers

BRONZE -- $49.95

Half-Life 2*

Counter-Strike: Source

*To be made available upon product's release.

SILVER -- $59.95

Half-Life 2*

Half-Life 1: Source*

Day of Defeat: Source*

Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam

*To be made available upon products' release.

GOLD -- $89.95

Half-Life 2*

Half-Life 1: Source*

Day of Defeat: Source*

Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam

Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games

3 different Half-Life 2 posters

Half-Life Collector's box

Half-Life 2 hat

Half-Life 2 postcard

Half-Life 2 stickers

Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD

Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

* To be made available upon products' release.

**1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased. For contest details, click

here.

STEAM NEWS END:

Regards,

Barry L Walk

Company Owner

so, im just gonna have to wait to pay my cell phone bill...

but who needs a phone now that cs:s is out?

Im lean'n toward silver, unless anyone can talk me into gold...

GC will have a serv up tonight, for cs:s, right?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I have to work until 5pm eastern (2pm PST) so I will not be around to play when this all starts. Will be soon after that though and we can get our frag on.

so if I buy HL2 in stores, can I DL Source for free? for $10? can I buy it in stores? Feels wierd to buy and DL a game online, the technology scares me...will I get a username and PW so that I can reformat and get it again for free?

Looks like it is time for me to go ahead and buy my new processor.

I bought the bronze package. Thougth about going for silver just for the HL1:source. But I still enjoyed the game a couple of weeks back playing on the old engine. Plus I am spending too much on games lately as it is.

Downloading now. Probably won't get a chance to check it out today though. Have to go to jail.

um. To preach. I get to come home ;)

so the real question....will this run on my laptop? (my only working pc)

CS runs on it fine, it's 2.8ghz, 512mb Ram...the real downside is the 64mb Shared Memory Video card by ATI.

I just so happen to be off of work tomorrow...will I be able to play Source on this machine?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
so the real question....will this run on my laptop? (my only working pc)

CS runs on it fine, it's 2.8ghz, 512mb Ram...the real downside is the 64mb Shared Memory Video card by ATI.

I just so happen to be off of work tomorrow...will I be able to play Source on this machine?

It may run but at very low quality settings.