Team America: World Police

00b3rN00b

I loved this movie. If you have not already heard of it, it is directed and produced by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of South Park, and contains similar crude humor, except on a not-for-television scale. Marionettes are used instead of real actors; it's done in the style of the 60's British television show "Thunderbirds", which gives it an appopriately cheesy feel. Extremely crude, violent, scathing, and sarcastic. Most importantly, it's the funniest movie I have seen this year. Nobody is spared from ridicule in this movie: A hotdog wielding Micheal Moore becomes a suicide bomber, Hollywood actors are suckered into helping terrorists, and Team America blows up everything from people to world-famous monuments in their pursuit of justice. If you are easily offended, this is not your movie. Lots of blood and guts, really disturbing marionette sex, and the f-word is used in both the theme song and every other sentence. Definitely the funniest (if not best) movie I have seen all year.

95/100

Edited by 00b3rN00b

I just saw this tonight. After reading reviews on AICN, I think I had this movie built up way to much. I felt a little let down, but it was still a very funny movie! A few scenes had me laughing so hard my stomach, and face hurt lol. (bar scene aftermath, and puppet sex!!) They did a great job with the music, the lyrics were great! I still liked a couple other Parker/Stone films more.

Best to least. Baseketball / South Park / Team America / Orgasmo

If you liked those movies... go see this!

80/100

i agree with you on the post bar scene part, i was crying...

something about a puppet and doing that...LOL cracked me up to no end...

the many songs they do in the movie are also hilarious

if you like matt and treys south park-ish humor, u will love this movie

def the funniest i've seen since harold n kumar go to white castle...

(which i thought was hilarious...even tho the previews made is look lame...)

90/100 for comedys this year...

I was expecting an bash-America fest in this flick but thankfully didn't get one.

They don't let anybody pass through their sight and I like how they made fun of everyone equally.

It had a couple of funny parts. I mean, nothin groundbreaking. I didnt find myself laughing that hard but it was funny in a way.

I appreciate there are people like Matt Stone and Trey Parker who get us to try to lighten up a bit and use bad words for the sake of it, but I feel like Ive sorta moved past the "South Park" style of throw every profanity out there until somethin sticks. Their shtick is gettin kinda old.

The faux-Patriotic country songs were a nice touch, complete with vocal-pedal-steel stylings.

79/100.