if anyone has a Fileplanet subscription...

eXile

(edited)

so im a closed beta tester in world of warcraft and blizzard just released a new client 2.5 gigs. they are using a torrent downloader that is unbearably slow. averaging 5-10kbps. estimated day and a half download. fileplanet is hosting the file as well for subscription holders and i would so like to have access to it. all my contact info is in my profile page. thanks guys

Edited by eXile

(edited)

in addition Mk5 you now have a key to make a stress test account that will continue through open beta if you want it. ill get you all the stuff you need if you do... once i actually get the email with the info. i had them send it to my email. it has my link that i need ><

thanks again dude. people are saying that FP takes about 4-5 hrs as opposed to 1 and a half days with the torrent download.

Edited by eXile

Downloading the client right now. The way its goin, its gonna take about 10 hours.

I'm gettin an average speed of 30 kbps right now on FP. This is gonna take foreva. I usually get 1-2, sometimes 3, mbps.

Just saw you P'Med me Exile. Looks like your all good though.

Edited by spiralstairs

Downloading the client right now.  The way its goin, its gonna take about 10 hours.

I'm gettin an average speed of 30 kbps right now on FP.  This is gonna take foreva.  I usually get 1-2, sometimes 3,  mbps.

Just saw you P'Med me Exile.  Looks like your all good though.

still havent gotten me the email. if you can shoot me the link they are provinding you to dl the client from all ive heard i should be able to access it.

Same here Exile - I just said the hell with it and paid for fileplanet earlier tongiht and am still waiting on my key after registering. If anyone has the link where to DL the WoW files please, please, please PM it to me.

The Torrent is taking FOREVER!!

Your key should be released now Exile, mine just arrived and I registered last night. Torrent had me at 800MB downloaded and a 10-22k speed. Fileplanet, in the first 10 minutes has me at 160MB and 220k speed. I should finish and be able to play quite a bit tonight I hope.

i left my FP download on overnight last night, to awake and find that the download had stopped and not much of it had finished. :bang:

started it before i went to school to find that when i came home for lunch it had stopped AGAIN.

im gettin awful speed right now. 40 kbps average and it keeps goin to 0 and then slowly goin up again.

figured it was just b/c of all the people cloggin the servers, but your gettin really good speeds.

weird... i tried all the servers last night and i got all the same speeds.

but they just put up a new one that doesn't have the download manager. with this download link im gettin 160 kbps. i already had over a gigabyte downloaded and i cant seem to continue the download with this link. frustrating. 'nother 4 hrs to go. woulda been 8 with the other one.

Talk about a MAJOR bummer!!

I selected the download directory to where the Torrent file had been downloading before I got the FP access. FP finished but the file was corrupt...GAH!!!!!!!

Now I have to start all over. No WoW for me tonight dangitall!!

still havent recieved an email. but oh well because the blizzard downloader only has 4% more to go. it looks like total download will be 24 hrs or about.

oh and to clarify.... i dont get to play with you guys still. closed testers will be segregated from open beta people. so if i want to play with you guys i have to signup next week for open beta and create a whole new account. :( which i probly wont do as i am familiar with all the low lvl content and am really enjoying testing the high lvl content. sooooo i guess ill be seeing all who are playing in retail. which reminds me...

come retail i will be starting VI as a guild in WoW. it would be great to have members from the community involved as i dont know how many of my actual bros plan on playing.

Well now I am even more tinkled - but at myself this time. I went back and read and they make you use Winzip 9.0 or better to open it. I was using WinRAR and it would not work. So I could have been playing all night now if I had read the damn instructions. GAH!!!