EverQuest 2

Kenger

I like it more.

Personally i have tested both, wow and EQ2. I like Eq2 more, however WOW is a great game.

I think wow is more of a teen, child based mmorpg. And the attitude of the players is not mature in the least bit. Chat is always filled with nonsense about stupid things that never pertain to the game. Seems like its the same for every game, but very bad for this one.

Graphics are childish to me. Ya they are WC gfx. But I expected a lot more. The intro was so badass, if they could make the gfx look like that then the game would by far be the best thing since halflife and cs came out. But its not. It's like watching bugs bunny and the road runner on saturday mornings.

Quests and gameplay was oustanding. Some quests required you to socialize with other players, and some could be completed by yourself. Its a very single player game that I could see. Not too many groups, and the mobs were very easy for me to solo. Often fighting mobs 2 or 3 levels more then my current level without having any problem.

Tradeskills. this was the last thing I tested before I left. They are wonderful I thought. I took skinning and Leatherworking. Unlike in EQ1 they are fairly easy to raise, skinning goes up very quick, and leatherworking will go up as you skin animals and gather resources. And you can actually make a little money making stuff. The only thing you ever have to buy is a skinning knife and some string and you usually make 14 - 74 copper on stuff i was making on only the second level of leatherworking.

EQ2:

the gfx are wonderful. If you want better gfx play EQ.

The quests are very easy to do i believe. And you do them all the way up to level 50. I did quests from level 1 to 14 while in the beta phase. I got from level 1 to level 10 by just doing random quests, hardly camping monsters at all. At level 10 it seemed i would stop running through the cities as much and start killing more mobs. I think the first 10 levels i gained helped me learn the city in and out and i could easily move throughout it later in the game.

mobs. they are hard when they are grouped. very upseting at times. hard to solo a group of mobs by yourself unless they are under ur level. I hope they get rid of this in the lower level zones, or even get rid of it at all. Maybe add a bard / scout spell so that they can seperate their groups.

gameplay / social. You have to group in this game after level 10. Its very hard to get exp solo after level 10. I dislike this an awful lot, but since i am already in a guild it is very easy for me to get groups.

Why I choose EQ2 over wow.

The sucess of EQ, has me thinking that EQ2 will be a sucess also.

Dislike the people in WoW Beta. Do not want to play with the people I was playing Beta with, do not feel it will change when the game is released.

I already have a guild in EQ2 where i have met several people and they feel the same way about mmorpg's as I do.

Hopefully someday I will be the best class on my server, there is no real "wealth / respect " level in wow as you have in EQ.

The gfx. The first time I started playing WoW i wanted to uninstall it. Just my feelings, but I got used to them after awhile, but why get used to them when I can play EQ2 and love the gfx.

WoW or EQ2....

WoW will be the bigger game, but EQ2 will be around longer. And will become like EQ were it never ends it just continues to grow, I don't see WoW growing much from what it already is.

The quests are very easy to do i believe. And you do them all the way up to level 50. I did quests from level 1 to 14 while in the beta phase. I got from level 1 to level 10 by just doing random quests, hardly camping monsters at all. At level 10 it seemed i would stop running through the cities as much and start killing more mobs. I think the first 10 levels i gained helped me learn the city in and out and i could easily move throughout it later in the game.

mobs. they are hard when they are grouped. very upseting at times. hard to solo a group of mobs by yourself unless they are under ur level. I hope they get rid of this in the lower level zones, or even get rid of it at all. Maybe add a bard / scout spell so that they can seperate their groups.

gameplay / social. You have to group in this game after level 10. Its very hard to get exp solo after level 10. I dislike this an awful lot, but since i am already in a guild it is very easy for me to get groups.

These were several of the reasons I hated EQ2. I even tried to play the beta several times last week and could not. It is a group-based game without the option for soloing after level 14 for the most part. You can solo but the XP sucks bad. The glitches in the game were bad as well and I am sure they will not be gone by release but hopefully they will for you.

The mob grouping was a horrible idea. Over half the fun of the original was splitting mobs. It is no long an option in EQ2, you either get one or the whole group and you know ahead of time.

The lag was killing me as well due to the super-graphics. But when I turn down the graphics it looks bad.

I hope you enjoy it Kenger, truly. I have met more nice people on WoW beta then in EQ2 but I do think EQ2 will probably outlast WoW, they have EQ as their base and know how to make expansions that suck yet still keep their custoomer base.

Good luck - We will miss you in WoW.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hrm too bad. My MMOG guild is on GuK. I have an account on EQ2, but haven't done much with it yet except buy/sell loot and craft a lil bit.

you _CAN_ solo in eq2. it's just alot harder than in WoW or CoH, for example. I've solo'd the first 25 levels as a wizard playing very casually from launch until now (max 1hr a night, and seldom 2 nights in a row). It helps knowing where to level tho. 2/3's of my guild was in beta, and they hand walked me thru a lot of quests and solo spots.

Any1 else on guk?

• 4 years later...