checking progress.

eXile

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

I just started a new Tauren Druid a few days ago, haven't played the last 2 days. Level 14 or 15. Not getting much help on some tough quests.

22, in same boat as Draco had to work for 20 hours last weekend while the rest of you lucky shmucks played for 20+ hours and lvled a whole bunch...cry....

I'm finding Palidins, rouges and Mages are powering through lvls and handeling group lvl quests individually which accounts for a ton of XP, altho when eXile is on he's usually in a group.

I starting to find that warlocks are really poor group characters, they have no buffs for the group, their spells draw most of the attention (Rain of Fire drew 5 orcs on me when in a group with a Paly and Rogue), and Im finding that I'm usually the one that is calling out "rez me plz"

Other things I've noted:

Melee toon goes up against 3-4+lvl monster...does alot of damage to it before dying or surviving and killing monster...

Warlock goes up against 3-4+ lvl monster...voidwalker takes ton of damage while warlock spell get resisted over and over and over again dealing no damage and taking up alot of mana...voidwalker dies, monster kills warlock and takes very little damage.

Voidwalker draws monsters with spell, warlock casts spell on monster, monster turns to attack warlock, voidwalker uses spell, monster still attacks warlock, voidwalker spells again, warlock getting tooled...warlock dies if he cant spam fear fast enough.

Good thing, self rez with soulstone...30 min cooldown, healthstone 5 min cooldown...DPS character...fun to play, just tough in groups and tougher alone.

I gotta agree with ya Brillow, warlocks as is are gimps. No one's afraid of a warlock, except your fear. Don't feel bad about being resisited by mobs though. My mage can kill same lvl mobs in 2-3 hits, 1-2 lvl higher mob in 3-5 hits, 3 lvl's higher i can't even hit. It's just resist over and over, so your not alone there. I'd have to say rogue's are the best all around class in the game right now. They can just melee for hours it seems, and they have sap and stealth. Rogue's are owning in PvP, if they get in trouble they just vanish, and if their gankers they just kill you in .3 seconds while your fighting a mob and you never even know what happened.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
(edited)

I am in this little click of people between lvl 19-24 right now. I just hit Lvl 21 today and just got my Cat form for Druid. WOW. This thing attacks FAST and is very strong "Claw" attack which recharges fast. The "Prowl" is as good as being a Rogue since you go invisible. You can heal like no tomorrow, provide Buffs for allies and Rez if need be. Great all around Class to be. You can solo and if you are getting beat up, put the thing to sleep or root it, then go cat and disappear. This game kicks donkey.

Best part about being a druid is fighting a Mage in Animal form because you then can not be morphed into a sheep or anything. The mage will either have to cast some powerful stuff or run because the cat does major damage.

Oh yeah, and jumping into the water and turning into a sea lion and swimming away is also great since you can breathe underwater.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

haha yea, frost nove still traps you, wolf or not ! then swiftness potion and blink and im gone off your screen before you can even move if i dont wanna fight ! haha

Soul your a rogue right ? Is your vanish instant ? How's it work ? Nothing peeves me more then rouges. Sap too, that instant ? Recast timer ? How fast can you move stealthed ?

thnx

Edited by All Kill3r

I was in Open Beta. I am currently a 31 huntress. For PvP a hunter is not much good alone since we do not get a root-type spell since our bow or gun is what does the serious damage. I will probably be doing a rogue soon for my alt. I am torn between a mage and a rogue right now since I liked them both.

Soul your a rogue right ? Is your vanish instant ? How's it work ? Nothing peeves me more then rouges. Sap too, that instant ? Recast timer ? How fast can you move stealthed ?

I just got Vanish, so I am not too familiar with it yet, but sap is instant cast and can only be used when you are stealthed. It is the longest stun a rogue has which is between 25-45 seconds depending on rank. Rogues can also use Gouge, which is a 4 second stun that can be used anytime, and of course there is Kick, which interrupts spell casting and prevents the caster from casting a spell from the same school for 5 seconds. The recast timers on both Gouge and Kick are 10 seconds. Kidney shot is another stun move that rogues have--it is a finishing move and lasts from 1-6 seconds depending on the number of combo points.

From my experience thus far, rogues are great against spell casters because they can pretty much chain the stuns and never allow them to cast a spell that isn't instant cast (if you can start in close anyway--which usually isn't a problem for a rogue). So far, I've just alternated between Kick and Gouge. The recast timers of both are around 5 seconds, which is close to how long the interruption lasts. Of course, after using the stun you can get behind and do some pretty good damage. :)

I just barely got Vanish, so I haven't had time to use it yet--but I'm sure it will open up more possibilities to do huge damage. Would be nice to be able to pull an Ambush mid-battle. Vanish does allow you to instantly vanish during a battle, but has a 5 minute recast timer.

Also, at my rank of stealth (Rank 2), I can move at 60% of normal speed. If I use sprint at the same time, I can move at 90% of normal speed while stealthed. At the highest rank (Rank 4) a rogue will move at 70% of normal speed and 105% of normal speed if using sprint at the same time.

-Kor

Edit: Almost forgot to mention the poisons. Mind-numbing poisons will increase cast time by 130%. Crippling poisons decrease movement speed by 50%. Deadly poisons are DoT's and Instant poisons just have a 20% chance of adding an additional 112-148 damage. I usually use Instant poison on main-hand weapon and, depending on who I am fighting, mind-numbing or crippling poison on the off hand.

Edited by Korodas

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

Just hit 22 and half way to 23 last night. I discovered one of the best combos is a warlock with the blue pet as tank and a druid that can heal in normal form and cast spells and can dish out lots of damage in Cat/Lion form.