Windows XP Pro or 2000

Guest [DW]Archaic

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

which should i use guys... some say xp is good some say 2000.

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

I could and will write about 7 pages about hwo GOOD Xp is... trust me, you won't be disapopinted. In a bit I'll write an XP tweaking page.. It'll run so f 'in smoothly, you'll pee in your pants. XP ALL THE WAY

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

Well i dont want to have CS crashing every 12 minutes that would be very annoying. Plus i only have 2000 on a cd, I dont even have a XP cd... hehe

I just installed Win XP Pro about 5 days ago I believe. I love it. The comp runs so much faster. I am the 1st one in CS servers now due to fast loading. I have had no problems with it, except that Open GL on my VooDoo5 don't work...

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

Anybody wanna sell me a copy of XP pro... AIM xhernamewas email xhernamewas@hotmail.com

Guest Kohlin
Guest Kohlin
Guest Kohlin
Guests

I would say like i say to all others. stay away from a new os until 1-2 years after it's release. By then you should hope most bugs and what not have been resolved. XP has had some issues with the updates killing stability.

I would recommend win2k if you have it, since it can be used without the stupid registraton process. both are good though. stay away from ME

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

Im using ME right now... hehe. My computer has just been slowing up recently and i have a bunch of junk on it that i dont need.

• 4 weeks later...

how about linux? i cant update my pirated win xp pro copy wth is wrong with it? do i really have to buy real copy or just go to WAREZ.COM and get all the patches and updates blah u name it along with viruses at .. warez.com ... for everything else theres mastercard :)

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

I'll be posting in the Fall3N forum soon about how to update WIndows XP SP1, it's a bit tricky, but follow the orb and you'll be fine.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

I've been using XP awhile, and I love it. I've only had one problem where I had to call Microsoft for help (and they'd never heard of it, so they named it after me. Score!) So as long as you don't see something pop up on your screen and tell you something like 'Insurmountable RAM error' you should be smooth.

Uber

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

Well i formated and put on 2000 and everything seems to be running fine and my video card is nice... im liking it

yomamma the reason why stuff was running slow on your comp is because u need to download your ide bus master controller driver, and your agp miniport driver. most of that is included in xp

if u got a via motherboard i suggest xp, i hate the via 4in1s for 2000

2000 in my opinion is much better, for all you xp users goto start run and type in services.msc see all that junk in there? most of its useless and all of it takes up your ram. 2000 has a little less than one third of services compared to xp. both os's are on nt kernel so ur pretty much getting the same thing, just that xp has a ton of junk and it looks pretty (the pretty look takes 25-30 megs of ram lol)