Wanting to Play WOW

akaM2

Hey Guys,

You prolly dont know me but Im usually playing CS, what im wondering is how I should start WOW :=

I am buying it right now online

What im wondering is what is the best Race/Class/Server to go with. I wanted to also know if there are any GC Guilds that I could get in. I dont know exactly how WOW works so if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

(edited)

whisperwind is the home of the Village Idiots. we welcome community members.

whisper me in game ithalnos or, spiralstairs whos in game name is expatriate.

we are alliance

Edited by eXile

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

If you prefer to roleplay and stay away from the crowds that do the only Player vs player thing, then take a look at Argent Dawn. Please only join if you are a role player though. Capacity is quite high as it is.

If you want a ruthless 24/7 warzone PvP server, my home server of Illidan would be perfect for you. Seriously, it's pretty rough to level on this server. You fight horde for your XP. Sounds fun ? Im on alliance side, guild name is Solitude.

Me, Zeho and Korodas are on alliance. Mk5 is on horde.

Everyone else packed up and left for a PvE server. =\

When you mean PvP is harder to level up on is it because higher people will just kill me right away? Or is it like SWG where they can only attack you if you accept the challenge?

Also is Argent Dawn has PvP and PvE but it is more of a roleplaying server correct?

Wherever I go would you guys be able to help me out with starting up and such?

(edited)

You can level up pretty easily without fighting Horde until about lvl 20. During that time, you will be in zones that Horde can't attack you unless you attack them first. From about lvl 20 on you would have to level in contested territory where anybody can attack anybody that is on the other faction.

It can be difficult at times, but that extra element of challenge is what makes the game for me. Also, once you start to reach 60, it gives you something to do and helps keep the game interesting.

Like Mk5 last night...killing my party in Stromgarde, lol. Lvl 59 rogue killing my lvl 39 rogue...what a punk. I was just trying to kill the TWO lvl 39's that were with him in a fair fight and then he popped up behind me. Lol, he crit me for more health than I even have with his eviscerate. He did raise quite a lot of havoc in Refuge Point afterwards though. He had everybody riled up :P.

Ahh..excuse me for the tangent. Like I was saying, it is more of a challenge and it can be difficult. But it is a good time! : )

-Kor

Edited by Korodas

Argent Dawn and other non-PVP servers you had to manually select PvP mode when you want to PVP. As Koro said above, the PvP servers it does not matter, you are fair game after level 20 for the most part.

PvP does offer more of a challenge and I know I would hate to try levelling on one now with people hitting 60 and bored. Look at the other thread where one guy had a level 60 Paladin camping the exit to his town so no one could leave unless they wanted to die.

ganking/griefing. childish crap that i wont deal with. we raid almost every day, or horde is raiding one of our towns. we have a ton of fun. pve is my choice.

battlegrounds is gonna be even better. im so pumped.