Battlegrounds

soul .gc

Anyone have any information on these besides the blurb on the WoW site?

They will be instanced PvP zones of alliance vs horde with great loot and quests. The first one was supposed to be up in the first patch but did not show. I have heard rumors it will be a 40-49 level cap instance so I have stopped levelling at 49, as well as several others in our guild, to await the release.

My warlock is up to 12 now while I wait on this to be released, hopefully they will put out more info soon.

They say they will be:

10-19

20-29

30-39

40-49

50-60

They have separate quests and events and are for the true battles of the world. You get Rep points and collect enemy blood, turning it in to a shaman and when he gets enough he spawns a giant elemental that wipes out the other side.

You can capture and hold enemy graveyards and camps, making them have to run farther and there is no respawning at your corpse. You can also run through and get items to make your NPC fighters harder to kill - like mounts, armor and weapons.

so your staying at 49 so you dont have to fight with lvl 60's ?

i read all that stuff on the WoW site also. It sounds like a fun time, might take a little practice to get the hang of it.

Im just glad that there will never be dishonorable kills implemented, except killing npc's.

Edited by All Kill3r

That sounds like the pvp in Dark Age of Camelot.. Specific battle grounds for taking over territory, and taking control of the relics that help each realm.. 3 realms, if 1 realm gains control of all the relics they dominate for a long time..

And in Dark age of camelot whoever has control of the most land also gains access to an awsome dungeon..

They also said that there will be other things lower levels can do IN the battlegrounds. I.E. If your not level 60 and fighting at the front lines, you can be like level 45 and do other quests that take place in the battleground. These quests will be like "Disrupt enemy supply lines" in which you have to kill enemy supply things, thus making their NPC weaker. Or search out a mine to make your NPCs weapons and armor stronger. Because NPCs will regularly spawn along the front lines to fight the battle, they can be buffed up by the lower levels doing the quests.

Youd think that the level 60s would do these quests too, but if your not on the front lines, then your going to be getting torn apart.

Tons of people asking questions in WoW forums - the beta rumor is that it will still be 40-49 and the "lwer level" quests will be for the 40-44 group that cannot hit the 49 targets.

They said the first BG will be out this week or early next week.

Mk5
(edited)

It would be silly not to release the highest level battlegrounds first.

Personally if blizzard doesn't come out with the 50-60 Battlegrounds first I'm going to camp the alliance's BG entrance whenever possible (because I doubt they will put it in an uncontested zone, that would be too smart). Not that this would matter on a PVE server but on a PVP server I see BG entrance camping becoming a viable tactic in the near future when BGs are released. :)

Edited by Mk5

hey man, we should meet up ingame sometime. Yea your rogue and im mage so sure i'll die before i even see you if thats what you wish, but i've never even seen you ingame. Well that's not true, i saw you in gadgetzan one time when we were both lvl 54 i believe. I dont even know if you noticed me, but you stealthed right away and i've never seen you since.

Name some obscure lonely place to meet sometime if you wanna /wave /dance /lick or maybe even a friendly duel. Heck even lemme in on a place your gonna be raiding and ill make it a point to be there and toss a few fireballs at ya. You can even stun and gouge me if ya want. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This summer ima be level 60.

I have a 33 Troll Shaman, but im working on my 22 Rogue, cause i really love rogue PvP.

My 4 friends are also playing Rogues, (one is 48 already) and we are going to go destroy some City Bosses :-D

Sneak past all the guards, Cheap shot, ambush, ambush, cheapshot, backstab, backstab, backstab, backstab, gouge.......x8 Sinister Strike....x8 Crit Eviscerate(with cold blood its a sure thing to crit) annd if he survives that. Hes not gonna be alive much longer. Toss in a 4xblind and then some more vanishing/cheap shot we wont have a problem. Bring some thissle tea to instantly regen Energy and itll be damn effective.

Mk5
(edited)

I saw an AK!

I asked feyd if I could have it for a pet and he said sure then it died. :(

I guess there is a reason why my mother never allowed me to have pets as a kid.

Edit: BTW L500 bosses just means blizzard doesn't want you to know the boss level. There are L500 bosses in RFD but I can solo them at L60. Even the Beast (L500 named dragon/beast in upper blackrock spire) can be taken down by 3 good groups of L60s.

Edited by Mk5

I saw an AK!

I asked feyd if I could have it for a pet and he said sure then it died.  :(

I guess there is a reason why my mother never allowed me to have pets as a kid.

Edit: BTW L500 bosses just means blizzard doesn't want you to know the boss level.  There are L500 bosses in RFD but I can solo them at L60.  Even the Beast (L500 named dragon/beast in upper blackrock spire) can be taken down by 3 good groups of L60s.

I was so demolishing that rogue with you when you had to unstealth to save his arse ! :boing: I understand you can't stand by and watch me beat the crap outta of horde though, so it's all good. =\

Jeffet - 1

Ak - 0

Oh, and teh beast aint got crap on the General. Ever had his conflaguration dot on you ? I lost control of my character while his dot killed me in like 4seconds. lol

Edited by All Kill3r