Admin abuse? or just me!

Well at around 6:40 pm est, we were playing assault. The ct's were moving in slow and there were no Mmmm's on the server. Taco was up on the bridge and he got slapped around to 4 hp. Then a msg came up for Ct's not to camp. Which is I guess ok( he was not the last ct left b4 getting slapped). BUT about 2-3 rounds later(which were not long rounds) there was about 2.5 min or so left on this round, and all the remaining CT's(4) got blown up and the map changed to Dust 2.

I do not know who the admin was or why they took this action. Assault is a slow moving attack for the ct's if all the ct's rushed every round, well they would lose every round. Rounds last long when played right by the ct's , they need to camp a bit to make the terrorist restless and start coming out 1 by 1.

Anyway thats my opinion.. and I think that was wrong doing by the anon admin.

Thanks. It has been addressed. Seems like a judgement call...how long to delay to where it's pointless. Delays are warrented on that map, yes, but something that shows organization and planning. Again, we could argue forever between abuse and encouraging the speed because others are watching and waiting on the inevitable. I'm not taking sides at all, wasn't there, just pointing out that there are two sides to the coin and we usually only see one of them.

Delays are a tactic for a round or two, but every round the CTs sat around on the roof/bridge and made no attempts to penetrate the building.

Waiting till all the Ts get bored out of their skulls and pop out is un-realistic, and makes for bad game play for everyone else. If you want to camp, go T. there were a few rounds where there were only a few Ts left, but still the CTs camped.

I dont play that often, but when I do, I dont have the time to spend 90% of the time camping and waiting for 10% of the action to happen.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Well then pick up the darn coin and look at the other side already!

--TaPe

Oh yeah... abuse... <_< maybe... :unsure::blink:

LMAO, hitman.

Uh...I mentioned what the other side of the coin says...

encouraging the speed because others are watching and waiting on the inevitable

Like I said, I wasn't there, but I'll be darned if we'd ever get through one of these without going a full mile after everyone tosses in their kindling.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

oooooooh yeah... now I remember why I hate playing in public servers... :ph34r:

I dont play that often, but when I do, I dont have the time to spend 90% of the time camping and waiting for 10% of the action to happen.

Since the round time is set I would think that is the max a team can camp;) Being an admin newb isn't it possible to change the round time in game or does that take a server restart? mp_roundtime

I didnt realize that our admin job was up for public review. All these guys getting on here and posting their two cents is lame. If there is a problem then the people involved can deal with the situation. Jumping in here and taking sides in something that does not involve you is rude, IMO.

Whip had a valid point. Mini_me had a valid point. Mini_me just happens to be an admin while Whip, although being a well respected community member, is not an admin. He has the right to come in here and express his opinions (which he did very well and tactfully). We have tactfully responded. Its just two perspectives. But things like this get on my nerves cause everyone and their brother thinks they have to come in start pointing fingers!

See what you made me do? Now im in here pointing fingers! :angry::)

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

I realize that in all consideration, what happened that night was bad, but seriously, I have never experience admin abuse on MMMM, compared to a lot of servers out there, many admins are respectable, yes some a little impatient, but most of the time everything goes smoothly, I think? :blink:

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i've had admin abuse there.....Dirk awped me...I was like no thats wrong...first time I had ever seen dirk use an awp...and it was a ns. Then again slims also awped me to....first time I ever saw him awp. So the moral of the story is to STOP AWPING ME.

Moss

Rev if it's in a public forum, isn't it free to be replied/discussed?

Personally, I replied because I was sitting beside whip at

work and he told me what happened....and I really had

nothing else better to do :P:rolleyes:

:ph34r:

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
What private server do you normally play?

scrims and matches and pugs oh my. <_<

i've had admin abuse there.....Dirk awped me...I was like no thats wrong...first time I had ever seen dirk use an awp...and it was a ns.  Then again slims also awped me to....first time I ever saw him awp.  So the moral of the story is to  STOP AWPING ME.

Moss

Moss, I've instructed Mmmm to abuse you in any and all ways possible. There is extra credit offered for creativity too!! :D

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

could u give me god mode...that would be my favorite type of admin abuse. :D:D