fan arrangement in case, 5 fans

Gabe

(edited)

I got my new case in today, Iam not sure how to arange my fans, the case has 2 80mm fan spots in the back, two in the front, and one on the side, I really need some quick answers cuz I really want to see how this looks, Iam thinking I should have the two fans in the back as intake so I have cool air blowing over my cpu,(my cpu does have a fan and heatsync,lol) and then the one on the side of my case in the clear window its mounted to blow around my pci slots/agp card so that will be intake, then the front two where my hard drives are going to go Iam thinking exaust. the link below is my case:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...=664269&CatId=0

Edited by Gabe

front and side intake. rear exhaust. that's the traditional way. your psu blows out the back so you don't want all that hot air being sucked back in. also, if you keep your case on the floor, generally, the cold air will be easier to bring in by the front.

my digi camera is out in the car and I'm too lazy to go get it, but the fan gets bolted to the two opposit corners to the steel and you need two longer screws for the other two corners - or you can put the filters on the inside of the fans like I have so that it is easier to clean periodically. If you do it this way you just install the fan like normal and then you will need two fan screws for the filter as well. Make sure you put the filters on the INTAKE fans not the out flow or it's pointless lol