How to join /-=GC=-/

Flitterkill

GC Board Member
(edited)

Why?

To become a member of a large group of people dedicated to supporting high quality, public servers for online game play. To wear the /-=GC=-/ tag. To play with us on the TWL 6v6 ONS Ladder.

What do I get?

Besides the opportunity to support the servers you play on?

You get:

FTP access

Email

Coalition-only forums

Reserves on the *ALL* GC servers (inc. all our CS:S ones)

The tag of course /-=GC=-/

24/7 access to our Private UT server Demesne

That seems lame, people joining because they feel they owe you guys something for the public servers.

Really? A fairly significant number of GC members joined for that reason alone. They play here all the time, enjoy the environment, and decide to contribute. Just the kind of folks we like to see join us. Don't worry. You can still play here on our public servers even with that attitude. It is a public server after all.

I'm not like that other guy - I understand that there are no "free" servers and I'd like to join and help out. How much?

All of the above $50/year

Cool. Where do I send the money to?

First, have you registered in the forums?

Second, do we know you at all? Not that that is a big problem but you do understand that joining GC is also about upholding our standards of play, not only on our servers, but also when you wear the /-=GC=-/ tag out and about on the internet playing on other folk's servers? If word gets back to us that someone who is a GC member is exhibiting non-GC like conduct on other servers, we will BOOT you out of GC and KEEP your money. Seriously.

But hey, no problems right? Just give a yell to some of the regulars (I assume on the UT side of GC) which would be Flitterkill or Penty, or Lex or Unclean, or Primus, or HWarrior, etc... to let us know your intentions of joining.

We will say "Woot!"

The money? That goes here:

PayPal (dues@gamerscoalition.com)

Once the head honcho has the money, all of the above is unlocked for you.

You should also give this a gander too before doing all that:

Join GC!

So even though I wasn't "recruited" I can join?

Yep!. GC is more of a club first and foremost. Many on the UT side who sport the /-=GC=-/ tag do play on the TWL ladder for competitive play but there are also more than a few UT regulars who have nothing to do with that. If you want to join and be a part of that, sure, come play with us. Even if you think you aren't that good you can still practice with us, get better, and even if you still are "teh suckage" you will likely see some playing time (though we do try to field our most competitive players if we can)

Some regulars that we observe on the servers as being very good we try to actively recruit; esp. to play on our TWL 6v6 stuff.

Some regulars who aren't that good but are a blast to play with (attitude, etc.) we almost always encourage to join as well.

Just because we don't try to recruit *you* means NOTHING! Sometimes when we are on the servers we are just playing and we are not doing anything other than relaxing and winding down from our school/work/etc. stuff. Don't take it personally if we do not acknowledge your l33t 3k1lls.

For our TWL ladder play, all of our members were "recruited" in the same way - we don't troll outside our servers for recruits. It is much easier to see folks who match our standards by watching people on our servers. We go from there.

Anything else I get?

Well, servers come and servers go. Even Nepenthe will go the way of all flesh eventually but by joining GC, you become part of a larger group - you have a large body of like-minded people who you can rely on to be a blast to play with in *other* online games besides on the servers GC supports (WoW, MatrixOnline, etc.). Of course, when UT2K7 drops GC will be there with at least one ONS server (and Conquest mode does sound awful nice)

Need someone else to tool around with with a new online game demo? None of your friends into that? Post up here - you'd be surprised how many responses you are likely to get. GC can be a great resource in that regard. It ain't called "Gamers Coalition" for nothing!

So, thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy the servers, and if you like, come join us in something more than just a public server - join the GC!

Flitterkill/-=GC=-/

Edited by Flitterkill