PLEASE READ

GC Alumni
(edited)

Okay, we've all been through this a bunch of times, but I guess we are gonna do it again. PLEASE stop shouting hacker everytime someone with some skill comes into the server. The guy in question this time, had the whole atmosphere in the server wrecked, it does NOTHING good to the game play to scream hacker non-stop. We had 2 very good regulars leave, and one of them I will name. Tangent, your comments on your way out were VERY uncalled for and unlike you, please don't let that happen again, we hold ourselves and our regulars,like you, to a higher standard, because we know the rules and play there constantly. I have a screen of your text if your memory fails, but I am assuming that you know what I mean.

I recorded a demo of this guy and I saw nothing that even closely resembles cheating. He did NOT get all headshots, and I watched him struggle to bring down a few guys. Please allow the right process to happen if there is someone suspect, I was recording,all the hacker talk just throws gas on a fire that we do not need in there. If anyone wants to see this demo, your welcome to contact me. We have regulars like sim and some others that would pwn this guy, but no one screams hacker when they are playing. Face it, there are good players out there.

I dont wanna keep doing this all the time, so dont make me start kicking guys for crying hacker when its unjustified, please, I really dont want to, but I will if I have to.

Clue.

Edited by Clueless .gc

I'm not prepared to call that guy clean yet. Clue was apparently on the phone for a lot of his shadiness, starting his demo only after accusations of cheating had reached the party in question. In my book, all bets are off once a guy knows people think he cheats. They play smarter once the demos are sure to be rolling. I recorded one short demo with four headshots in a row. Not damning, but certainly interesting considering I started recorded immediately after he got several other headshots in a row. I'm not up on my cheats for HL2, but the HL1 cheats got extremely sophisticated. Some were your average esp/aimbot/wallhack variety. The really good ones allowed you to dial in missed shots, % of headshot, or even kept your xhairs at head level and left the rest up to you.

Something was odd about that guy's play. Compounding to the issue was a long series of concerns to an admin that finally responded minutes later that he was now off the phone. It's not your fault, but you can understand the frustration level when something seems fishy and the guy who is supposed to help isn't actually there to listen to you.

I hear your point, but there are other sides to the situation that should be considered.

GC Alumni

Well, get this demo to me, i'll be glad to look at it. I'm with you guys, not against you, and I think you all know that, but my main point is that we cant allow the whole server to be wrecked by getting everyone all fired up. There are gonna be cheaters, there's really not much we can do about it.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but it was an important call. And you are right, he may have been alerted by all the talk, but his kills didnt seem to drop, he was still knocking them down pretty good. If this guy is a cheater, he is a very good one, because I honestly didnt see anything to make me believe he was anything but skilled.

I agree with clueless! I never saw the guy so I can't comment as to his legitimateness but I can't stand it when people start shooting hacker all over.

Just like you mentioned Mongo when people start calling it out, the suspect will often be more carefull. Not only is it just annoying to see people flaming it ( I know exagerating a little maybe) and it takes away from the fun, but it makes it harder sometimes to determine if a person is in fact hacking.

If you suspect someone is then do so through appropriate channels. I usually try to spec for awhile and get a demo if possible, then I will try to get ahold of someone. Failing that I post on the forums, or even if I do, and leave it up to those with more knowledge than myself.

Two Things,

1) How do you record a demo?

2) having been on with the guy, he either has really good eye hand cordination, or he hacks :) everytime i speced him the crosshairs where right level with the head. I have seen people that i know dont hack play the same way, you just have to be good, really good.

Btw, the person in question was swearing a bit in the mic, but in response to accusations.

SilentStile

Two Things,

1) How do you record a demo?

2) having been on with the guy, he either has really good eye hand cordination, or he hacks :)  everytime i speced him the crosshairs where right level with the head.  I have seen people that i know dont hack play the same way, you just have to be good, really good. 

Btw, the person in question was swearing a bit in the mic, but in response to accusations. 

SilentStile

"In game and type in the console 'playdemo' then the demo name. Without quotes. If you want to record a demo you type 'record' then the name you want to save the demo as. To stop recording you type 'stop'. All done in console. All without quotes."

I too dislike when people cry "hacker!" Like previously mentioned - record a demo, even if it's a short one, before you say anything. It's a lot harder to catch someone when they know you're on to them.

Yes, some are very obvious (speed, wall, etc.), but others can be very hard to detect. I am no kind of expert at figuring them out either, so a demo is THE best way to go for everyone, including admins. It's very hard for a hack to argue when you have that kind of evidence.

Guest tangent
Guest tangent
Guest tangent
Guests

i would like to thank bushmaster for bringing this to my attention. in response to this post i would like to say a few things 1. i am sorry for my remarks as i left . it was wrong.i appreciate the gc community .this is no exscuse but "lost hope in gc " was a play on the hacker in question LOSTHOPE .what followed was uncalled for. 2. ive logged on so many hours i am ashamed. ive seen java ,brillow,vovik and many others rack up crazy scores 18-1 ,24-2, and never ever accused anyone of hacking.those of you who have played with me know this! I DO NOT CRY WOLF UNLESS I AM BEING BIT BY THE WOLF. if i see a guy rack up 25-40 headshots in one map i am going to be suspect and call it out. it got so ridiculous his teamates were making comments . iwas not the only person who left after accusing this guy of hacking.REGARDLESS THIS POST HELPED ME REMEMBER 1 THING___________________ its just a game!

forever irreverant-tangent aka new name TANGENT(IF YOU KILL ME, YOU GOTTA BE CHEATING)

p.s shameless plug for" tangenttheband.com" featuring MODIFIED on keyboards,skinflute and sampler i compliment you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all hackers will be flushed down the tangent toilet

I've seen slims rack up up the headshots with a score above 41...that is just where he naturally aims at...the upper torso.

I got fed up in West the other night cause the top players on each team was AWPing on port and everyone was crying HACKER HACKER HACKER.

I dont mind if someone suggests that an admin should keep an eye on someone, but to repeatedly spam and whine just drives me up a wall. I think it is the same for about every other admin we have...

Uh.. Voodoo. don't you mean "Record demoname" instead of "playdemo demoname"

Playdemo would be if you wanted to Watch a demo that you had in your CS folder.  Record is if you want to take one.

hehe. Ice, did you read the whole post Voodoo made?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know when I'm in css and have gotten killed by tangent a few times, I spec him, and the guy has got a heck of a steady hand and doesn't move those cross hairs off the head.

Just great skill is all I see. :D:D:=:=