MS3 - de_chateau

Fatty

I've never understood why your average pubber rejects this map. It's wonderful to look at, has great features, includes both horizontal and vertical movement, and just is a great mix. I continue to believe that a server that can stay full on this map without all the whining (those guys need kicked anyways) is a sign of a good server with quality players. Give it a shot!

Always loved the map, it's in my top3 css original maps. When I just started playing on gc servers, sometimes I'd go to another server just to play this map. Now, I'm sorta used to not playing it, but since gc has it I gladly will.

Most of the problems ppl have with it is, when the bomb goes off fps' go down dramatically (for me too, but i don't mind).

Its a good map, aswell as a fair map.

Lets be honest here, who in the gc serer is your average pubber? Most people are fine playing any map, but there are good features about this map that make it a good map to play, particulary on bigger servers:

- Ts can get the bombsite A, and get a plant before the CTs can get there.

- However, there will also be a good battle, as CTs have the windows to try and pick up a few kills.

- Rushing B is always a fun rush for Ts. Theres always lot of fire, lots of nades, and a good chance of picking up a few kills. As soon as one guy is into B, the whole T team are into B, and the slaughter beings.

- CTs can have an equal amount of fun at B. They have people coming at them from all directions, so theres always loads of kills to pick up.

So, it seems like a pretty fair map, similar to the fairness of maps like de_dust2. The map is well designed, looks 'pretty', and works really well if there are over 10 people playing.

This map deserves its place in a gc server and I can't see any reason for it not being there in the first place!

Thumbs up from me! :luxhello:

The bad thing about it though is, not for its layout-fairness, but simply becuase of all that water. I've done every command that makes the water look cheap, but with 12Ts rushing through it, it still slows my comp down alot.

But I would say the rest of it is good. When I get my new comp, there will be no complaints from me about this map.