The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Fatty

GC Founder

Also, keep in mind that it was stated from that start that food would be "on your own" because the budget was spent on the building rental and tshirts. For probably $20, attendees could have packed cold cuts, etc, for the weekend.

If I decide to carry on gaming at university, I'm putting a lot of thought into flying over to ohio in 2006.

I'll probably bring my gf aswell, so thats only 98 other people needed to make the numbers up to 100.

I beleive my other clan members are wanting to attend. Leveller was going to bring his kid and wife, G@!den will prob make an apperance, and maybe we'll get a coupe more dudes down there.

For the most part I thought everything was great.

We all went to the local grocery store and bought lunch meat and stuff so the food bill wasn't a problem.

Also thanks goes out to fatty and the staff and everyone that made ff

a great time. I know I'll be back next year and after that.

Everything was definatly proffesionally done.

Well accept for the enetainment on sat.(pretend I'm not here girl.lol)

Thanks again fatty for the great organization to be a part in.

GC Founder

One of the downsides for me (and I'm not sure how this can be addressed) but there are so many guys that I would have liked to chatted with for 5 or 10 minutes...just to exchanged some actual conversation....instead of passing them a few times during the weekend. This is the social aspect that we're going to look hard into.

Agreed, if we move to thursday check in we could have done a meet each other type of thing?

Also, what are the prices of renting the ballrooms vs something like a VWF building?

Packing groceries would have been a good idea on my part...bad monetary planning on my part shifted my needs.

I think having a check in on Thursday instead of Friday is a fabulous idea. That way we could do something social that night.

Also, I think that trips to the grocery store for easy meals is a good idea. I am so sick of pizza.....wait, did I just say that?! Aw, now I have a bad taste in my mouth!! Lemme go wash my mouth out with soap so I'll never say anything so awful again!!

(edited)
FF was a blast. Had a great time, met some great people. Next year we need to get people not to sally out at like midnight.. *COUGH* BLACK ICE *COUGH*

:)

The 1st night he went to bed at 12:00am! (Friday Night) PFFT :P:smiling2:

Good

=========

Very Easy to find, even when i was detoured.

I finally got to put a face on a lot of ppl. And even better got a chance to hang out with a select few.

Having a GC LANFEST be my 1st LAN expirence.

The PROJECTOR! I loved how I could watch m1 play :P and watching the amazing shots and how (I think) Slaphappy got an awp and drug over a famas to middle in Cbble :P

I enjoyed the old school HL late at night too.

Bad

=========

Projector... had no sound (maybe have so way to set up speakers)

BF2 Tourney would be real neat for next year.

Personal con = I waited til almost 2 weeks b4 ff05 and had to pay $20 more. But it was worth it!

Ugly

=========

Getting served by M1 in the Finals (Hats off to them)

Sharing a bed with Acid........Hugging the far left side of the bed

Black Ice going to bed at 12am the 1st night.

151... nuff said

I'm ready to go back next year. :spin2:

Edited by ZesteR

I was thinking about the tournament a bit more recently and thought of something. What you could do is have two tournaments, both with cash entry fee. One will be put names in a hat and you get random teams, and the other tournament would be competitive. This way you could have a tournament for both the competitive people and the people that just want to have fun. This could be a good way to get a lot more teams from out of state and a lot more people period. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya Man If im still gaming next year ya Wayfarer lets rent a van lol u guys can pick me up since im literally on the border of united states so ur gonna have to pass through one of my bridges lol. If i am still gaming count me in, It looked really fun i was gonna go this year but no ride kinda thing. oh well there will be more years to come.

• 5 weeks later...

Yay found this forum, going on my faves! but anyways i went in 03 and had a BLAST! the barn was a little hot, but not to bad, my suggestion is finding a place indoors (AC warehouse or something) next to a field where we can camp, play games, volley ball, what not.. that way social time is extended to whenever people climb back in their tents.. campfires are a blast/plus too :) the rock quary was absolutely amazing, nothing like doing a one and a half off those high dives! :) so that sounds like a blast too... i could possibly look into some spots here in cincinnati for future events, i have a few places in mind that i could prolly get cheap... especially for the turn out that we can expect by then... (this includes rooms with bunk beds and showers for the wuss's :) ) just some ideas.. gimme your feed back :)