BF2 Question

General J

I know that they have promised a "favorite server" and "history" section in the next update. But, until then, what do you all use to check up on servers? I have been using the in game feature, but I never get to play in the same server more than once since I can never seem to find the same ones over again. It is kind of annoying.

does that server list go up to like 350 servers and then go incredbly slow for u 2 ?  I click that triangle at the top and it puts lowest ping starting at the bottom.

Click it again and it brings them to the top. I always sort by ping, then find a server with a decent amount of people in it. The filters at the bottom are useless. I have it filtering out servers that are full or empty, and I still get them anyways. Only nice thing I have noticed is that the list automatically refreshes pings and players after a minute or so. Hopefully the updates will bring things up to speed. As much as we all hated steam (atleast I did), it does have a nice interface and is easy to use.

I would like to be able to see if people are actually in the GC server instead of just putting in the IP and hoping.

All you BF2 players, lets get a game going! :wiggle2:

• 4 weeks later...

The filter is not as useless as you say, for those looking for certain servers type the name in the server box on the top left, make sure filter is on an click on update servers.

I don't have any problem finding the same servers because I use the ping filter box and set it to 60 so I the update list only shows servers I ping 60 or less in, which is normally the same servers each time. And if my certain fav's are full, there's others on the list right there that I can try with a low ping.

I have just been updating, filtering not full and not empty, then sorting by players. I can usually find the same few servers in that list. Filtering by ping doesn't really work for me. A lot of times, the servers I usually play in come up as 140-150. But when I highlight them and click the scroll arrow down, it updates the ping and players in server.

What servers do you guys frequent? I try to join the same few servers if I can find them. A few of them are LineageII and Hell is Loose!. They seem to be very stable servers for me. I was playing in the Divo.net servers but they started crashing and I would always lose connection after a few minutes.

Hopefully a lot of these problems are fixed with the next update.