I lost a good friend

Mooney .gc

"but he did it for the country."

I am so proud of them!! What he did for our country was pay the ultimate cost. And I am sure he paid that cost because he loves America and us that much.

No greater love than this...than a man lay his life down for his friends.

He will be missed. But not in memory and in our hearts.

David = Hero!

well buddy best of luck to you and his family. you all will be in our prayers. as a fellow soldier there is nothing i respect more....and as an american, i have never been prouder of him or his family for giving the ultimate sacrifice. sorry buddy that it happened.

Man, im very sorry for you and his family. He was obviously a brave man, who was willing to give his life for the greater good, enough can never be said about that.

We lost a whole bunch of guys from NE Ohio last week, 20 I think, all from the same town. It was amazing to see the outpouring of people that didnt even know these guys, coming from all over, to pay their respects and thanks.

Hopefully you can all find strength to get thru the tough time, send them my respects, and thanks.

Also, hopefully everyone will think of all the rest of our boys over there and wish them a safe return.

"We owe Sgt. Coullard a debt of gratitude for so selflessly taking such a heroic path in the service of our country," she said. "The sacrifice Sgt. Coullard made for each and every one of us is immeasurable, and I ask that everyone pause to consider his loss and appreciate his courage and bravery."

Quoted from the article. It is a terrible thing to lose a friend at such a young age. But we owe him so much for his sacrafice and we cannot help but admire him for his heroics.

Anyone currently orwho was serving in the millitary can feel a particularly strong sense of loss at the death of one of our men. When one of our brothers fall it should inspire patriotism in us all, because they paid the price for our freedom and freedom is precious.

In the time I was in the military Ive been to Iraq twice (desert storm, Iraqi Freedom) Bosnia and Haiti. Sveral times I was asked to go out into the field with the marine or army medics to retreive the bodies of those soldiers and marines because I was older than most and they thought that I was able to deal better with the psychological issues that might arise from seeing things like this than much younger soldiers or marines might not be able to cope with. Well I can tell you that somtimes I see these things when I sleep. I hear some people that have never been in the military and critisize our service men and woman and not the govt that sent them there. This makes me angry. Two people that I knew for twelve years in my army reserve unit fell beside me when we were on our way to take nasiria from the Iraqis during a convoy, people that I got drunk with during annual training, went to movies with and even had sex with one of their sisters!LOL. Many countrys complain that we try to police the world and in a way maybe we do. George bush didnt liberate Iraq, we did. Even after all the complaining from these countrys guess who gets the call to solve their problems, the US military in some form or another. A lot of these countrys should really be doing more to get in our good graces and solve their own problems before berating us. Your friend SGT. Coullard did his duty for our country like we all should but he shouldnt have died for another country that really doesnt like us. Patton once said (you all know I like quotes) "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country". Sorry for the language but its true. I sound long winded I know so Ill let it end wuth this: Just like the post I left about Pat Tillman earlier do the same for SGT. Coullard

Thanx The Rev. :(

GC Alumni
(edited)

I agree completely rev.

Our troops truly our the unsung heros. What they face and go through, so many of us will never know nor understand. They put their lives at risk and that isn't something easy to do.

Your friend truly is (not was) a hero Mooney. He'll never be truly gone so long as you remember him. Carry him with your heart and thoughts always.

Edited by Ice_Berge_00