What's the greatest way to wake up?

anonymo

So, like most people, I am asleep early Saturday morning. I'm a light sleeper, so at about 5:40 this morning I am awoken by some men yelling on the street. (I live in a 3rd storey apartment on a main street in downtown Montreal) As it was nearly a quarter to 6 and, quite obviously a Saturday, I forced myself to go back to sleep. Moments later I'm asleep again, and about a minute after that...BANG!! BANG!!!

Now as a Canadian you might think I'd have difficulties determining the source for these loud bangs, but no! I know exactly what it was, and the fact that the police were there within 2 minutes just confirmed the fact that someone was shot (at) just outside my apartment. I was convincing myself that I was wrong and that it must have been something else, but the second I heard the sirens and saw the flashing lights I knew it...needless to say I never got back to sleep.

Now I bet Norguard has a handful of stories like this...I heard my first gunshots ever while in the neighbourhood in Toronto in which he currently resides, which is a funny and very tragic story that I'll save for another time...

Fire alrams..the city one followed by the trucks. Out here in the great northwest... EVERYTHING BURNS!! Its so dry and hot, there is hundreds of firefighters (smokejumpers) on call all the time. It happens everyday. The other day we lsot 20000 acres to one fire...and it rained a little which saved a whole lot more.

Theres signs all over that say : Todays Fire Level : Low/med/high.

...yeah, a couple of those stories, Anon. I was on the phone with my roomie, as there were gunshots going on behind him... ...he did think they were fireworks... ...then again, he was kinda new to the whole city thing...

Not pleasant at all. None in the morning, though. Those are the firetrucks.

Nothing woke me up this morning. I've been getting 3 hours a day for the past week, and the kicker was going to bed at four, and getting up at six-thirty, being on my feet all day, looking after a sick friend on her birthday, and going to bed at three. ...needless to say, I was given the day off from playing at church, and I slept well into the afternoon.

Was deployed at an air base in Turkey over Christmas break. Doing the military thing meant long hours every day, all week. Christmas day was the one of the only days we got off durring my two week trip. Was sooo looking forward to sleeping in.

NOT!!

The US only leases the air base from Turkey...and on Christmas day, the Turkish military had their Operational Readiness Inspection. This meant that starting at about 3AM, the sirens and base wide P.A. system went off about every twenty minutes, all day. Worst part, I dont understand Turkish, for all I know they could have been saying..."we dont get to sleep so you wont either." But I doubt it.

Was deployed at an air base in Turkey over Christmas break.  Doing the military thing meant long hours every day, all week.  Christmas day was the one of the only days we got off durring my two week trip.  Was sooo looking forward to sleeping in.

NOT!!

The US only leases the air base from Turkey...and on Christmas day, the Turkish military had their Operational Readiness Inspection.  This meant that starting at about 3AM, the sirens and base wide P.A. system went off about every twenty minutes, all day.  Worst part, I dont understand Turkish, for all I know they could have been saying..."we dont get to sleep so you wont either."  But I doubt it.

:lol::lol:

"In Turkey, sleep losses you!"

"This is the emergency bathwater alert, please be on the lookout for ducky"

"Shereef don't like it....Rock'n the Casbah...Rock the Casbah"

I get woken up by anythign and everything. I mostly get woken up by the heat in my room becuase my parents turn off the ac when they get up, so i start to sweat and then wake up

I feel your pain man, that is the worst way ever... You dont want to get up, but its just soooo miserable laying there sweating....

I was awaken by my neighbors cat!!! They locked him on the balcony and he seriously meowed from dusk 6:00 a.m. until about 10:30 a.m.

Worst way I got woke up? 1991 desert storm. 5:30 am. Enemy Shashad (modified ship to ship missile by the Iraqis) missile at about mach 2.8 (2200 MPH) 35 feet above our hooch (tent). Took the tent right off the the ground. Tent big enough to hold a platoon (40 soldiers). Shattered windows in hummvee and 2 ton deuce. Some screamed, some crapped bdu's. Silkworm missed target completly and hit another Iraqi camp (so Im told). :lol2:

Edited by TheReverend(c)

I went with a group from school to France over the summer one year. We landed in Switzerland and was staying there for a day then bussing to France. Cuz of jet lag and all, I took about a 2 hour nap after arriving at the hotel and it was probably around 10am when I was awoken to a garbage man in the alley under my window singing at the top of his lungs.

• 2 weeks later...

It was that night before christmas and all through the house not a creature was stiring except for this stupid robber who still owes me a computer monitor to bad I smashed it over his face and he probably still sitting in jail. Who would thought i just about gave that CRT giant up 3 days prior for an LCD ....at least I have an LCD now.....that my most memorable wake up :o

Over the weekend... ....After a long night of drinking beer and wine, i pass out around 3 am... Only to wake up 30 minutes later with a lap and bed full of ice cold water! My wife fell asleep with a 24 oz bottle of water in her hand!! And of course the bottle falls my way, leaving me soaked and her nice a dry!! Oh was sooo angry!!

Edited by Magruter