I was banned...

DogStarMan

...and I respectfully request an un-ban. I can't relate many details about what happened, but I'll try to explain as well as I can.

Tuesday, the 13th was the first time I've ever played. A friend of mine ([VI] SheepNutz) suggested this server. I thought I was doing decent to poor as a beginner. I was playing the ct side. I was making typical new player mistakes...shooting at my own guys, etc. One guy was really riding me about my mistakes. I can't remember who it was. I'd had it though, when I went to defuse a bomb and I couldn't remember how to do it. Instead of helping, the guy continued to make fun of me, so I said, "f u my man". I must have got the admin mad at me because I got some message about profanity and was instantly banned. I meant it more in the spirit of giving poop back to him, but I guess it was taken wrong. I meant no disrespect. In fact, in my three days of playing various servers, I've come to realize that these servers are an oasis in a desert full of pathetic, foul mouthed kids. I'm 35 and I don't have the patience for that. I'm just looking for a good, mellow group that I can play along with and learn along the way.

Anyways, Ihere are my details...149 "[WOXY] Daisy Chainsaw" STEAM_0:0:5180323 01:26 118 0 active

I apologize and I'd like another chance.

Welcome to the forums DogStarMan, good post.

I lifted the ban unless admin who banned u has a different idea.

PS: Plz don't break our rules in the future, and if I see u around I will give all the tips u can handle :)

Edited by BIGSHaW

Welcome to the forums DogStarMan, good post.

I lifted the ban unless admin who banned u has a different idea.

PS: Plz don't break our rules in the future, and if I see u around I will give all the tips u can handle :)

I am the admin who banned you I believe. I echo Bigshaw that we will be more than heppy to provide support and information to you when you visit our servers. I hope that your quick lesson in our rules doesn't sour you. GC is a great place to hang out.

Thanks guys. After hopping around on a bunch of different servers the last few days, I can completely understand your process. I got a chance to meet a metric ton of jackasses out there, I can see why you'd act quickly to stem the flow of idiots onto your servers. I'll just have to assure you that I'm no ordinary idiot. ;)

Good reminder that I need to be more forgiving of new guys. We all had to be noobs at one point. I know I get too frustrated at times and vent on the mic, possibly discouraging future GC members and certainly not demonstrating GC values.

Welcome to our community. And don't worry about the ban. I got banned when I first discovered GC...and now I'm applying for admin :)

I used to think you could only defuse when you had a kit. I took a lot of stick back in the day when I killed the last T then danced around the bomb with plenty of time left shouting out "I havent got a kit"

:bang:

Welcome to the servers :boing:

Edited by *BiGBonES**

I used to think you could only defuse when you had a kit. I took a lot of stick back in the day when I killed the last T then danced around the bomb with plenty of time left shouting out "I havent got a kit"

:bang:

Welcome to the servers  :boing:

ROFL. I bet the people were screaming at their monitors while you did that. I can just picture it :D

Braden