ROFL... Valve update

Hey, that's kinda cool. Like those silly shaders you can set in the ATI control panels, but the hud stays coloured. Nifty :)

Now, if I could figure out why mine crashes (memory could not be "written") when I join a server now, I'd be all set. It worked with the update this afternoon, but they updated something again this evening and now it's broke. Ah well, I've been playing HL2 again anyways - it runs so much better now :D.

Suri,Sep 24 2005, 10:59 AM]yea things are rly weird for me

objects refuse to load until im like next to them

the only good thing is i can see fof behind them!

Yeah that is going on for me as well. I keep shooting at people I see and hitting boxes. Good and bad. I heard a 'rumor' that nvidia cards are having problems with it... but who knows.

I have nvidia and I haven't had any graphic problems. Though that may be because I run my vid card on 10 month old drivers.

I ended up setting my card to dxlevel 81 a little before your post, that seems to work. But, it's a temp. fix, I just hope it don't have to always stay at DirectX 8.1.

Thanks for the link though :D

Heh, I also think maybe valve accidently set a parental control on mine, that B&W game is like a scene from Sin City without the red blood... Oh that would be cool. A Sin City mod for CS:S that makes the game B&W, the hud colored, and the blood is always red.

Edited by ((Shockwave))

But the blood was mostly bright white in the movie.

I just wish i could, at least, play even with the huge fps problems and such.

And to think, when I saw the update, I thought, "Yes, they finally put in the new SAS model. This is just like Christmas!!!" And now I'm unable to even load up my own server, or any other on the internet :(.

I crashed twice, and then i loaded up okay.. two totally random crashed one when i was trying to boot into a game and another when i was trying to join a server.

I have lots of custom gun models, including my own colored famas and they are *all* working fine..

But now - my FPS has dropped by about 10 to 20 on *EVERY* level.. on some levels the lag is sizable enough to make it impossible to play, it comes in various chops.. my FPS will randomly shoot down into the 20-10s .. and back up to 60.. its like its having trouble pre-loading all the textures.. idonno what the deal is.

but i hope they fix it very soon.

My continuing problems were finally solved by adding -autoconfig to the end of the launch parameters line. (in the "Play Games" menu, right click on "Counter Strike", click "properties", click "launch Options", type "-autoconfig" at the end of the line leaving whatever is already there, there, click "OK" and you're good to go). I also added "-window -console" so the game starts in windowed mode with the console open otherwise my computer was locked up and I had to do a manual reset using the reset button.

I also had to use the CS video reset available from Valve (see my post above for the link and scroll down a lengthy page for the video reset links)

Once the game was running fine (I had to do this twice) I removed the things I added and now I'm good to go.

Edited by pavid

My cs was pretty messed up...but i added the -dxlevel 8.1 (i think..cant remember) and everytin was fixed..

the only after it was tat the first time i went in..it crashed wen i was joing a game..particularly in the sending client info part...but after that one crash..everytin went bak to normall...

i also gained an extra 10fps!