Jarhead

Sir Shertown Pimp

I personally thought it was a good movie. I heard that it was leaning towards the anti-war crowd, which almost made me think twice about seeing it. Totally different movie than what I was expecting. I was looking forward to a Blackhawk Down type action flick. Definitely some good thoughts and feelings expressed though.

A couple of guys on a bike forum I frequent discussed the author that wrote the main storyline as being quite a whiner. They said the movie had cut a lot of the whining out.

It was an eye opening movie for anyone that thinks of war as the glorious/john wayne/shoot em up action cliche. I am sure some of the plot was stretched quite a bit, but on the same note I am sure most of it is pretty close to reality.

do you guys know anything about desert storm? There was almost no ground combat, but this is definitely an interesting aspect of war you might not of thought of or seen before. I enjoyed and recommend seeing it in theaters.

I did six weeks in desert storm. There was some ground fireworks, but that was just us shooting at all the surrendering Iraqis thinking they were some huge force coming to get us.We didnt think so many would surrender :D