Do you Sleep at Work?

Fatty

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mine is not a job where I can sleep at work....ever. However, during a week like this, when we're testing constantly for extended periods of time and I'm all caught up on all my paperwork, etc...boy I'd love to take a nap. Just can't do it though. :)

Since I've been on my new workout, I don't find myself tiring unless I'm on less than 5 hours of sleep and find myself bored (like this week of testing).

I've never really had a job where I could sleep. I wonder if you do though...and if you take advantage of that.

Vote anonymously if you want.....I'm just curious.

:icon20::freak3:

PS. Feel free to share any "sleeping at work" stories that you might have (about yourself or "others")

:)

I've never slept at work, although I have dozed off in class before. Of course, your bed is a much better place to sleep than a lecture hall, even during class time!

A friend of mine used to have a summer job inspecting dorm rooms, and he told me he used to take long naps on the beds (among other goofing-off type activities). I guess it all depends on what kind of job you have, and how much supervision there is, and how much people will notice if you don't get anything done all day.

+1 for working from home.

if i have to be at work by 8, i set the alarm for 7:59. i typically don't have to be in pants until about 10am, usually only to get the mail. i won't sleep long, but typically cash out for about an hour around lunchtime.

I do my reading in bed these days, just so when I fall asleep I dont end up with a bad neck :D

I used to lifeguard in the summer, and that was an incredibly boring job, so if guys think your job is boring, just think about sitting on a chair for 8 hours with a few intervals, watching people swim.

there is absolutely no way I could sleep at my current job.

I have however had a job where both myself and my coworker (the only 2 people in the office...the entire rest of the company was in a different state) fell asleep on accident multiple times. We would both kick our feet up, lean back in our chairs, put our heads on the wall and program like that...and eventually just doze off.

I just talked to a friend of mine the other day who works as an overnight manager at a shipping facility...he says he sleeps for about 6 hours a night. Just goes into his office and sleeps under the desk. He says the only way into his office is through a very creaky door down a long hallway so he ALWAYS wakes up when someone comes down there.

I can pretty much do whatever except sleep... we do have a nice leather couch in the breakroom.

Umm sleeping stories? my first day every at work... Orientation/training all we was doing was watching videos at first... when I came in I was possible still kinda not sober. :halo: I was partying that night/morning anyways I didn't really sleep. I got in a arguement with my ex-friend.... more like I was tinkled at her and she was tinkled at me. Anyways I kept nodding off at least the girl next to me kept me up.

Im up till about 2-3am everynight and have to get up at 8am, and I dont ever feel tired..  I drink about 10 cans of pop a day though..

Yeah I don't sleep till 3am - 4am ish... so hard to get up.

I do my reading in bed these days, just so when I fall asleep I dont end up with a bad neck  :D

I used to lifeguard in the summer, and that was an incredibly boring job, so if guys think your job is boring, just think about sitting on a chair for 8 hours with a few intervals, watching people swim.

With those sunglasses no-one would know... but then someone would kill you if slept through and emergency or what not. Just talk to the hotties.

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Sleep isn't an option at my work. Personally I'd have a very tough time with anyone that did this. Picked up my work ethic on the farm back home growing up.

However, I did have a professor that went to sleep in front of the ENTIRE class just after we started our final. He passed out the sheets, then went to the front of the room, sat down in a chair, crossed his arms and closed his eyes. He slept until another professer came in to take over for him while he went to a dr checkup.

Now THAT'S Motivation for your class eh?

Reasons to not sleep when being a manager at Taco Bell:

1. Employees will make themselves free feasts, close the store and tell customers to screw off

2. All it takes is a set of keys to open the safe, that I have

3. Every 5 min, a customer wants to talk to me about how their life is so miserable and that the food is terrible and the employee told them to screw off

4. I have to fall asleep on my feet, which would result in a painful falling over

It is possible for me to fall asleep, but Im not in a very comfortable chair, and it would be extremely obvious if I dozed off. However, before they gave me my computer, I did put my head on the desk and just go to sleep. Also, its NEVER warmer than 65 in here, I am freezing most of the day, with all the shivering it would be hard to go to sleep.

At my job the management like to micro themselves into inaction. On occasion I have nothing to do becuase they just don't feel like authorizing work. I laugh because it costs them more money to do nothing in most cases than it would if I had screwed something up. I've got a work ethic that I'll work 16 hours on salary if needed, but sometimes the political BS just makes me soo sleepy I've crawled under a desk in the back room and caught some Zzzz...

Hehehehehe... I think I only get about 4-5 hours of sleep a day. Work/school get back home to power nap and extra hour, but i don't usually nap because when I wake up I don't feel so chipper. The only class I've kinda slept in was Accounting I.... wasn't a pretty situation. I kinda enjoyed having no school or work for a week because of hurricane Wilma... I've slept in SO much durring that week, but I was going crazy because I haven't done anything with friends and stuff for the past week and a half because of work and school. Then when you actually get the time everything was like closed and there was nothing to do but sleep.

I had a friend even come over one day during that week and all we did was sleep and laid around. At I still had power.