auto config

Brew

Use notepad. Save file as autoconfig.cfg. Voila, autoconfig file. You can edit any time with notepad just be sure to maintain the extension .cfg. Save in the cstrike/cfg folder and it will execute everytime you load up counter strike. Browse your config.cfg for examples of what each line should look like.

thanks pavid! it made a world of difference. i didnt realize how many shots weren't registering until today. the colt performs so much better now! i used to hate it, now i know why!

one more thing, i have to type "exec autoconfig" in the consol to make it work. is there a way to have it automatically "execute"? no big deal tho

here she blows, and it's a winner. its from Urk's thread "Tweaking source for gameplay/fps" (thanks Urk!?!)

`budget_show_history "0"

cl_ejectbrass "0"

mat_bumpmap "0"

mat_picmip "2"

mat_specular "0"

mp_decals "0"

r_decals "20"

muzzleflash_light "0"

r_avglight"0"

r_decals "0"

r_dispfullradius "2"

r_DispUseStaticMeshes "0"

cl_smooth "0"

fps_max "100"

cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "1"

cl_phys_props_enable "0"

cl_show_splashes "0"

cl_phys_props_max "0"

violence_agibs "1"

violence_hgibs "1"

violence_hblood "1"

violence_ablood "1"

cl_show_bloodspray "1"

r_sse2 "1"

r_sse1 "1"

r_mmx "1"

r_shadows "0"

fps_max "75"

Edited by Brew

Ya, sorry about that. As Witt and Scuba mentioned, name it autoexec.cfg and it will load when you start counter strike. Should have told you to do that. Or you can add the line exec autoconfig.cfg to the end of your config.cfg file.

Something else to try.

cl_interp "0.0xx"

where xx is your average ping to the server you are playing on. It made a big difference for me.

As an example, my average ping to scopeless is 40. So I set cl_interp 0.040.

Something else to try. cl_interp "0.0xx"

ok, but im a little wary, ive been playin with laggy hitboxs for so many years now. ill give it shot tho. :boing:

Besides disabling shadows r_shadows 0 also disables the flashlight. Also, I find having shadows enabled handy at times because you can see guys hiding around corners, etc.

yea, im still thinkin the shadow thing over :unsure::twitch:

thanks again

I find shadows most useful in Italy. If your a T at the house and a CT is on the left side at the end of long hall you can see their shadow much sooner before you can see them.

But of course, Valve broke shadows on Italy and Cobble, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Something else to try. cl_interp "0.0xx"

i tried it... :yuck::crazy::zombie::boo: ive played too long with laggy hit boxes that im like a old dog that cant learn new tricks :tired:. But i could see how it would help

thanks anyways :D

Yeah, but it's not as great as it sounds.

1.) You have to know the exact time between when you see them and when you're supposed to shoot, because when you shoot you're not shooting at anything because you already saw the model go by.

2.) If you're close to someone you're not going to hit them at all. Let me show you in My Paint diagram of Dust2!

kindad2.jpg

If you can't tell, this is Dust 2. The red dots are where you see the model and the blue dots are the actual hitboxes. The green circle is a T and the green line is where hes shooting.

When your sniping between the double doors it might be fine if you know the exact time between you seeing the models and when the hitboxes pass so you know when to shoot. But in close quarters (to the right) your going to be aiming at their model and their hitbox won't even be close to where they are aiming. You'd have to randomly aim behind them to hit them.

i'm confused... what are hit boxes and why can't you just aim at the model??? also, will someone explain to me how i can make CSS run faster for my comp? i already have the graphics all the way dow, is there something i can do to make it run better? also, i like the blood cloud when you hit someone, but my mom hates the blood spatters on the wall. is there any way i can turn off blood?

Hit boxes are what you shoot at to damage people. The models are what you see. cl_interp adjusts the distance between the hitboxes and the models. Its best to have them right ontop of eachother so you're shooting at models and hitting hitboxes.

If you're sniping the middle in Dust 2 as a T you have a split second to shoot people when you see them between the double doors. If you have your models ahead of the hitboxes you can see the model pass, than shoot when ever you think the hitbox passes.

As for getting your game to run fast when you have everything set to low, good luck with that. :D Change some of these to 0 to turn off blood i think, i'm not sure which ones:

violence_agibs "1"

violence_hgibs "1"

violence_hblood "1"

violence_ablood "1"

cl_show_bloodspray "1