Terribleone

Hey guys. pretty soon i am going to get a tattoo prolly on the left side of my back i want it to be totally custom and original! but i can't draw lol so i was wondering if some of you awesome artist *cough* saris *cough* would draw something up for me with color i am like stars and i also just random designs/drawings not to big prolly about 3 inches by 3 inches or soo... i am just curious if you guys would be interested it would be real cool.

terribleone

:hug::hug::hug::boing:

Edited by Terribleone

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like stars too :>) My avatar is a tatoo on my forearm, but it's not original. If you don't have much luck here go sit down with that tatoo artist and im sure you 2 can work something out. The guy that does my art has no problems sitting down and drawing things out before he touches any ink, im sure other artists won't have a prob either.

GL.

Edited by All Kill3r

tatoos are cool for young men, some are neat, wicked or plain awesome but none say classy.

I'm not insulting people that have tatoos but when I see my 77 year old step-dad I think about how ugly that tatoo looks.

It's even worse for girls. I read an article about people's perceptions of an "easy" woman and one of the triggers for the male is to see a tatoo. According to the article it is a trigger that relates back to "lower class" and thus makes them seem less likely to refuse the advances. This is not necessarily true of course anymore than someone being poor making them slutty.

I would suggest you place the tatoo in an area where it can remain unseen, it is of a subject matter that will never cause regrets even if you became pope and maybe even reconsider it and spend the cash on a new video card or more RAM.

i just want to get one tattoo. it would be on my back i figure if i don't like it in a couple of years its not like i will see it! lol i want to get it on my left upper back by my shoulder i have my eyebrow pierced

you know preacher. i just think it is said that people are so ignorant when it comes to how people percieve people these days it makes me real upset! for example

This guy that i work with. He is from maracoo or whatever. he speaks english pretty good but still has some trouble. but anyways i started working at this ford dealership right when i turned 18 a couple of months later i got my eyebrow pierced why? cause i always wanted to sense i was a little kid. i came into work and he saw it right away! and he asked me why did you do that? i am like cause i wanted to. he was like I don't understand why? and i was like cause i wanted to. then he said i don't talk to people with piercings or tattoos! i am like are you serious i am like why? cause they are bad people! cause they do drugs! i am like i am not a bad person you talked to me before i had my eyebrow ring and i certinily don't do drugs! it just bothers me that people can't be themselves and do what they want without people judging eachother like that! its so sad! how come we have to live to someone elses standard! live at your own standard! if you don't like tattoos fine but don't make someone else feel like crap cause you don't its there decision to do it! i had to speak my mind!!

terribleone

p.s. if anyone can draw a cool star i would certinaly look at it and maybe use it!

I have a tattoo of a cross with a shamrock in the middle of it, its really cool, when i get home i will put a picture of it up

Terr go to body rituals on prospect in milwaukee for your tattoo, thats where i got mine 2 years ago and there cool guys, they will help ya out

i attached a pic of the tattoo you should have

post-990-1133378534_thumb.jpg

Edited by M2.gc

Theres some good advice from All Kill3r there. You might find something you like in the art books they have in the parlours. They could work with something you like or have ideas about. Its ther re passion and love.

I just did a quick google image search and I found many like All Kill3r s with variations as well. Also I did see some good celtic stars.

Has any ideas for a star caught you attention yet?

hey m2 thats where i got my eyebrow peirced lol!!! thats irony right there! umm i am looking for the perfect star not girly obvoiusly i will do some searches and i will prolly pop down to body rituals and see what they can do. i just need to save a little bit of money i will prolly get it down sometime after christmas! btw sorry m2 not the kind of star i was looking for but nice try!! thanks!

I like stars too :>) My avatar is a tatoo on my forearm, but it's not original.  If you don't have much luck here go sit down with that tatoo artist and im sure you 2 can work something out. The guy that does my art has no problems sitting down and drawing things out before he touches any ink, im sure other artists won't have a prob either.

GL.

Nautical stars...Yeah... your tattoo brings me very unpleasant feelings. My friend had the same tattoo black and pink, I went with her to get it on her lower back. and then my other friend got the same one on her shoulder... then long story short... they betrayed me and we're not friends anymore. Bah...

There will always be stereotypes of everything until the day the human race is annihilated, and believe it or not, stereotypes exist because in majority, people of such (attribute) are this kind of person. There is the male slob stereotype and the prissy, intelligent female stereotype and as exceptions continue to grow larger, they'll one day be broken, but still, as of today many still exist and still are true in most people. Long theory short, tattoos are still used as a stereotype today for punks because it still holds mostly true that punks get a lot of tattoos.

Therefore, by theory, you are a punk. :biglaugha::biglaugha:

But probably an exception.

Not only does ebil hate me now, but im a punk on top of it ?

=(

Stereotypes are for the insecure. Live life how it feels right, not by anyone else's standards.

You wouldn't know i have tattoo's walking down the street, and i don't dress like a punk. My lady friend has 3 tattoo and you can't see any of them, but they are very attractive and she dresses very professional everyday for work.

Tattoo's aren't about being a punk and rebellious or whatever people think. It's body art.

Saris. I get the impression from you that you think tattoo's are suppose to be evil and dark, they are not. They can be cute, pretty, dainty, whatever you want. It's all about personal taste and preference. There is no limit on how big or small, morbid or cute.

You meet a beautiful women at work and start dating her. A week later when things are getting heated at her place you find out she has a tattoo on her back. Should your opinion of her change becaues of this ? I don't think so, but for some people i think it would.

A tattoo doesn't make anyone anythiing, their actions do. If because i have tattoo's i can't work a billion dollar job, people look at me funny (which they do not), people assume things about me, then so be it. These are all shallow people that i am better off without. Whatever happened to getting to know someone for who they are ? Now days according to the million and a half stereotypes out there you can just look at someone and know every detail of thier life...

If i was a punk, i guess i wouldn't have felt the need to type that... I would have just said F U ! :peace:

(edited)

LOL, no, it was an unbiased theory. I don't care either way, depending on what kind of tatoo it is. I wasn't making a statement about what I believed, just how the stereotype exists and why people think that way.

And for your example, for me, I feel it would depend on the tatoo. If it's a star for example, no matter how big, I wouldn't really care, but if it was a snake eating a rabbit or something, no matter how small, I'd definitely be turned off by it. Which needless to say, is obviously the subject of the tatoo, not the tattoo itself that would cause that. So, personally, I don't really care about tattoos.

Edited by Saris

oh i am sorry dustbunny!!  do you have any tatts?

naw... i have great fear of needles. I get temp tats painted on me with airbrush... that's good for a week or two. I dunno real tattoos are not for me. I kinda like natural look. lol.

And what? hate? where? why? naw I don't hate you!

And people that just get tattoos for no reason... I think that's a waste. I think the body is beautiful the way it is. So there's got to be a reason to engrave something on to your body... there's this girl i had in one of my classes... had stars behind each of her ears. I asked why she said "I thought it'd look cool." It doesn't... but whatever floats her boat. :shrug03:

And talking about stereotypes? Pfft... they silly, but sometimes kinda true.... again not all the times.

Edited by EbilDustBunny

i have four tattoos and i love them all. i drew 3 of the 4, my brother drew my fourth one(similar to his...a brother thing). i also got all four of them in different places around the US and one of them in Germany. everyone of them means something to me and/or stands for something. just check into your shops before you get them.

...the stereotypes aren't new, guys. They've been around for three thousand years or more. ...and they only exist because back then, only the uncouth had them.

The same has held true until thirty years ago, or so. Not even gangsters had tattoos... ...most of them thought it was tasteless. Tattoos were for pirates, sailors, prisoners... You're just seeing the stereotypes now, because it's just in the last few decades where that's changed. That's culture shock. Getting 6 piercings (bars, not rings) in the nether-region isn't "normal" either, but I know a few guys who've gotten one or two, and one who had 6. What does that say about them to you?

Do whatever you want. I've got a great friend in theatre school right now, who's got a mural from elbow to elbow, across the back. He's probably paid more into that than his car and schooling combined. He's even had some tattoos burned off to put new ones on top. It's a beautiful piece... he and his artist have put years into making it a masterpiece... ...it's just not what I'd consider 'classy'.

If it means something, do it. If it's beautiful, do it. If you say "Whatever... ...why not?", save your money...

And thank you, Bunny... ...you have no idea how hard it is to find a girl with a natural look... ...first thing I can do without is the 15 pounds of makeup. I mean, you can either make your face an art piece, goth or glam, or go natural... ...I don't really like the in-between. ...next is the tattoos. I try my hardest not to get scars, because I know that in 40 years, how I keep my body now is going to play a big role in how I look then.

Edited by Norguard

...the stereotypes aren't new, guys.  They've been around for three thousand years or more.  ...and they only exist because back then, only the uncouth had them. 

The same has held true until thirty years ago, or so.  Not even gangsters had tattoos...  ...most of them thought it was tasteless.  Tattoos were for pirates, sailors, prisoners...  You're just seeing the stereotypes now, because it's just in the last few decades where that's changed.  That's culture shock.  Getting 6 piercings (bars, not rings) in the nether-region isn't "normal" either, but I know a few guys who've gotten one or two, and one who had 6.  What does that say about them to you?

Do whatever you want.  I've got a great friend in theatre school right now, who's got a mural from elbow to elbow, across the back.  He's probably paid more into that than his car and schooling combined.  He's even had some tattoos burned off to put new ones on top.  It's a beautiful piece... he and his artist have put years into making it a masterpiece...  ...it's just not what I'd consider 'classy'.

If it means something, do it.  If it's beautiful, do it.  If you say "Whatever...  ...why not?", save your money...

And thank you, Bunny...  ...you have no idea how hard it is to find a girl with a natural look...  ...first thing I can do without is the 15 pounds of makeup.  I mean, you can either make your face an art piece, goth or glam, or go natural...  ...I don't really like the in-between.  ...next is the tattoos.  I try my hardest not to get scars, because I know that in 40 years, how I keep my body now is going to play a big role in how I look then.

heh... yeah plus when you get really old... they won't look cool at all... well on girls at least. Reminds me of old nasty hookers or something. And the temp tats I don't get a often at all because they are kinda expensive to do monthly... (not the stickers things!) those are fun and just fade/washed away.

Funny story I have a friend with a moon, stars and a saturn type ring on her shoulder... really pretty. But when I first saw it I was like "IS THAT A MONKEY?" I wasn't drunk when I said that either.

...the stereotypes aren't new, guys.  They've been around for three thousand years or more.  ...and they only exist because back then, only the uncouth had them. 

The same has held true until thirty years ago, or so.  Not even gangsters had tattoos...  ...most of them thought it was tasteless.  Tattoos were for pirates, sailors, prisoners...  You're just seeing the stereotypes now, because it's just in the last few decades where that's changed.  That's culture shock.  Getting 6 piercings (bars, not rings) in the nether-region isn't "normal" either, but I know a few guys who've gotten one or two, and one who had 6.  What does that say about them to you?

Do whatever you want.  I've got a great friend in theatre school right now, who's got a mural from elbow to elbow, across the back.  He's probably paid more into that than his car and schooling combined.  He's even had some tattoos burned off to put new ones on top.  It's a beautiful piece... he and his artist have put years into making it a masterpiece...  ...it's just not what I'd consider 'classy'.

If it means something, do it.  If it's beautiful, do it.  If you say "Whatever...  ...why not?", save your money...

And thank you, Bunny...  ...you have no idea how hard it is to find a girl with a natural look...  ...first thing I can do without is the 15 pounds of makeup.  I mean, you can either make your face an art piece, goth or glam, or go natural...  ...I don't really like the in-between.  ...next is the tattoos.  I try my hardest not to get scars, because I know that in 40 years, how I keep my body now is going to play a big role in how I look then.

heh... yeah plus when you get really old... they won't look cool at all... well on girls at least. Reminds me of old nasty hookers or something. And the temp tats I don't get a often at all because they are kinda expensive to do monthly... (not the stickers things!) those are fun and just fade/washed away.

Funny story I have a friend with a moon, stars and a saturn type ring on her shoulder... really pretty. But when I first saw it I was like "IS THAT A MONKEY?" I wasn't drunk when I said that either.

sureee you wern't............... lol

In my book you only live once and when you get old your body looks like crap anyways??? right? scars i really don't mind i alot of my scars i have stories behind them surgery scars some bad scars from cuts and falls and stuff...... i got scars all over my body and i almost know how i got every single one of them..... lol I don't care what other people think of me..... it just sucks dealing with people that will argue all of this...... but anyways i know what tattoo i am getting now i am prolly going to get it after christmas sometime......