Dungeons & Dragons Online beta

Mini_Me

Heh. I'm one of the beta testers. Tried to play last friday, but they were having major server probs due to "an online event" they were running that night to stress the servers, and boy did they ever get stressed, lol. Things will get sorted out soon, I'm sure.

Still haven't seen the inside of the game yet. Too tired, and or distracted to play. :/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you pre-ordered, they give you a "Head Start" key that let you play a week befor the game comes out.. And it gets every character you make a +1 amulet of defense..

The quests or missions are way more in depth than CoH, there is acually a Dungeon Master talking to you as you are playing the game.. Its almost like playing real dungeons and dragons, or as close as you can get.. Last night my sorcerer was in a group with a fighter, theif, and cleric. The group aspect is way better than other games cause without a cleric you literaly can-not heal, your life doesnt regenerate without using a rest area (1 in each mission or quest that can only be used once).. You can go back to the tavern and hang around, you regenerate while hanging at the tavern..

No, there usually is no demo for pay per month games.. Just cause you've never played D&D doesnt mean you wouldnt understand the game.. You dont have to understand the mechanics of the game, cause the program does all the mechanics... You just have to know the limitations of your character, what he can and cant do.. And thats all in your skills/feats.. If you dont have any skill points in tumbling, then you have trouble running through a spiked floor trap.. If you dont have many skill points in Jump then you cant jump as far as someone else.. Stuff like that..

Edited by Batman

I think the reason I like this game so much more than the other MMORPG's that ive played is the fact that there is NO lvl grinding.. Its more about exploring and adventuring with a dependancy on partying, I dont think there is a single character that can solo in this game..

I think the reason I like this game so much more than the other MMORPG's that ive played is the fact that there is NO lvl grinding.. Its more about exploring and adventuring with a dependancy on partying, I dont think there is a single character that can solo in this game..

As much as I love D&D, it can't take all the credit for that Batman. Guild Wars is exactly like that :D