Poker table

redeyez

I've been thinking about building a poker table, for a while now, which isn't that hard.

But I wanted to put cameras in, like on tv, but I cant decide what type to use.

I was thinking of a 9 or 10 person table, with a dealer station. with the dealer station I was gonna have a camera there so you can see the unplayed turn and river.

Then having all the cameras connected to one computer.

Just wondering what you guys would suggest for cameras (ccd, webcame or whatever) and how much cpu power would be needed to record 10 cameras at once.

It would be nice if I could get this completed b4 ff06. Then we could edit the footage after ff and have our own poker show.

I would think that you would need to use some sort of usb cameras. If you were going to try to use 1 computer. With my limited video mastering skills I do know that it takes a ton of hard drive space and quite a bit of processor usage to capture from just a single souce. It might be easier and cheaper to see if we could get a donation of a video mixing board to borrow for the weekend then you could use any camera to film it and just switch from person to person and record it to a couple of tapes and capture from them.

• 1 month later...

lol, he wants to be able to toss up the %s and stuff during the hands....i know what he's getting at. Wouldn't that be fun to release the final table of the poker tourny....then you could watch after having played and see what everyone else was holding....