Who Plays 1.6 still?

Fatty

I took a break from CS for a few years, and didn't play anything between 1.4 and Source. I barely remember it. Course that's not saying much, I have a pretty bad...um...what's the word?

Memory like me. I played 1.6 like once. Found a great server like GC. The guys were nice and helpful. I'll probably try it out some more nice I'm using my bro's laptop most of the time right now, and since it's a P3 1.2Ghz and some integrated graphics running on directx 6 it looks as good as 1.6, except even then it doesn't even run over 12fps. I'll install it on the lappy and try it out. Hopefully I can find that server again.

I'd try it out again but it appears that Steam is actually making people "buy" 1.6 now <_<

I bought Original Half-Life figuring I could just download CS, but nooooooo...they want 19 bucks for it now!! What gives!?! Anyone know if you can still dl it somewhere? ...c'est le poo poo...

I'd try it out again but it appears that Steam is actually making people "buy" 1.6 now <_<

I bought Original Half-Life figuring I could just download CS, but nooooooo...they want 19 bucks for it now!! What gives!?! Anyone know if you can still dl it somewhere? ...c'est le poo poo...

really? they are making you buy it? i tryed dl'ing the demo, but those no longer work. but anyways, i bought halflife, and when i activated it on steam, i got all of the hl1 things for free. cs1.6, blueshift, opposing force...EVERYTHING! and i didn't even own any of them...hmmmm....oh well, i'm not going to argue. but anyways, yeah i don't know why steam all of a sudden wants money for that game again, even after installing hl1. maybe it came with that last update that tempts you with "pre-load complete" i don't know...

really? they are making you buy it? i tryed dl'ing the demo, but those no longer work. but anyways, i bought halflife, and when i activated it on steam, i got all of the hl1 things for free. cs1.6, blueshift, opposing force...EVERYTHING! and i didn't even own any of them...hmmmm....oh well, i'm not going to argue. but anyways, yeah i don't know why steam all of a sudden wants money for that game again, even after installing hl1. maybe it came with that last update that tempts you with "pre-load complete" i don't know...

I bought HL1 through steam and it came with...HL1...thats it...nothing else, no option to down/pre-load anything...I'd really like to play blueshift too...www.counter-strike.net where my budddy told me to go dl it now only links you to downloading steam... :bang:

(edited)

I bought HL1 through steam and it came with...HL1...thats it...nothing else, no option to down/pre-load anything...I'd really like to play blueshift too...www.counter-strike.net where my budddy told me to go dl it now only links you to downloading steam... :bang:

oh, see i bought the hard copy at walmart, game of the year edition. it came with everything, even thought the only thing i uploaded was hl1. :D that teaches you not to get anything from steam i guess...

Edited by ephemeral

i still play 1.6 very often, because the only computer i have unlimited access to doesn't run source.

ephemeral does, but he is not l33t

i'm more l33t than you geeky-boy. wanna duel?

1.6 suxors! no bullets hit anybody!!

I'd play it, but the majority of those who play there are h4rdcore 1.6 players, who seem to think that CS:S is something against god or something like that.

However, if you guys play it I'd be willing to install it again.

i just now realized what this post is...people want to play 1.6 again?

B) thats pretty sweet.

is GC considering making a 1.6 server again? or is that just one of my dreams that should slowly die away...

if people want to play, i play on gamehavoc.com, but that pales in comparison to GC standards... but that is where most of the good players go, and where i can usually be found. they have a WC3 server, a DM server, and a FF server.

I just wanted the lowdown on some 1.6 crew that's from around here...wanted to send some people in on a raid.

I can see on fatty's head those M's are starting to generate again... My co-worker i recently found out plays CS 1.6 and just bought CSS to play with me on the GC server. stiil tels me 1.6 is better... *shudders at the thought*