ES: Oblivion

anonymo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It runs fine on my AMD64 3500+ 1gigram 9800pro

Although, it is a processor hog...and after playing for 4 hours + I think my gpu is really heating up cause my fps drops slowly...but only when I'm inside a building, its weird...

This is the best game, IMO, to be released since...well...since HL2...nothing can touch it!

Funny story...I'm walking through the woods, looking for a cave...when I get hit with an arrow...AHHH! I turn around to see an Imperial Guard running towards me..."OH nooooo! They've caught me!!!" (as I'm a clepto)...but no, he just runs right past me and yells "sorry!" as he does so...he's chasing a deer, and has horrible aim supposedly...anyways, 2 seconds later another guard runs by chasing the first...they are both hunting the deer...long story short, guard A kills the deer, guard B goes and takes the meat, guard A doesn't like that he was just robbed so starts attacking guard B, guard B kills guard A and runs away...and I thought I had issues...

Im suprised that he didnt kill the witness, YOU...

Funny story...I'm walking through the woods, looking for a cave...when I get hit with an arrow...AHHH! I turn around to see an Imperial Guard running towards me..."OH nooooo! They've caught me!!!" (as I'm a clepto)...but no, he just runs right past me and yells "sorry!" as he does so...he's chasing a deer, and has horrible aim supposedly...anyways, 2 seconds later another guard runs by chasing the first...they are both hunting the deer...long story short, guard A kills the deer, guard B goes and takes the meat, guard A doesn't like that he was just robbed so starts attacking guard B, guard B kills guard A and runs away...and I thought I had issues...

....Are you serious?!

Okay, I'm yet to see that now. But since the game is completely random, it may never happen. Did he really say, "sorry!"?

Ugh.

It looks like I have vampirism. Not sure how I got it in the FIRST place, but it's extremely annoying since I cannot go outside when it's daytime out. I found a witch who'll help me, now I have to find 5 items where I have NO clue on where to find.

UGH

Ugh.

It looks like I have vampirism. Not sure how I got it in the FIRST place, but it's extremely annoying since I cannot go outside when it's daytime out. I found a witch who'll help me, now I have to find 5 items where I have NO clue on where to find.

UGH

You can get it when a vampire hits you. If you have a save game from before it happened, you can get rid of it by drinking a cure disease potion BEFORE you sleep.

If you suck some blood from someone at night, i.e. the beggars who sleep outside, you can walk around in the daylight for a while. Note that you have to do it pretty much every night or you can't go out in the sunshine.

Is the allied AI in Oblivion really as bad as this?

Well it is practically impossible to attack an enemy because a partner will go between you and the enemy to fight.

I can't recall any problems when playing Oblivion the other day for an hour. The rig is an Athlon XP @ 2.1GHz, 1152MB of ram @ 213Mhz, and a new Radeon 9550. The old Ti4200 we had couldn't run the game correctly and we had to replace it. Still a lot better than what it used to be. I'm going to try out BF2 on it once I get the chance.

Ugh.

UGH

You can get it when a vampire hits you. If you have a save game from before it happened, you can get rid of it by drinking a cure disease potion BEFORE you sleep.

If you suck some blood from someone at night, i.e. the beggars who sleep outside, you can walk around in the daylight for a while. Note that you have to do it pretty much every night or you can't go out in the sunshine.

Odd, I haven't fought anyone that was remotely a vampire in my recolection.

***SPOILER***

The count or whatever at this one castle is a vampire... would that affect me in some way? All I did was talk to him, otherwise, I don't know what could have happened... unless there are vampires in any of the plains of Oblivion...

***/SPOILER***

Thanks for telling me that, scuba. I will try that.... that is if I picked up one before. When you're a vampire, its weird because you always have like weird dreams and stuff.

If you're fighting vampires they give you a disease called something like Hyperph something then something that starts with a P. You have three days before you can cure it with normal cure disease or at a church. After that you're Mr.Vampire.

The soul gems you need are grand soul gems. They are the hardest ones to find. You can sometimes buy them from mages. Almost every mage guild also has them in their display cases, so if you are the sneaky sort you can go steal some after hours.

Too bad there is no amulet of the shadows in Oblivion...vanish, backstab for critical...pwned!

There are items that give you a permanent cameleon effect. You can wander around looking like a Predator.

I know there is a cave somewhere that has vampires in it, but they're actually named Vampire Patriarch, Vampire Matriarch, Vampire Rogue, etc., so you probably would have remembered fighting them. Also, when you search the body of a vamp, they always have something like Vampiric Dust or something like that on them.

I know there is a cave somewhere that has vampires in it, but they're actually named Vampire Patriarch, Vampire Matriarch, Vampire Rogue, etc., so you probably would have remembered fighting them. Also, when you search the body of a vamp, they always have something like Vampiric Dust or something like that on them.

Ahh... I think I remember Vampiric Dust on an enemy in a plane of Oblivion...

Ugh, stupid vampires.

Oh yeah, I made a new character and joined the Dark Brotherhood and I did that "Whodunit?" mission. I just went on a rampage there:

http://www.utterlyopinionated.com/files/oblivion.wmv

HAHA, Look at what Nels the Naughty says after I kill one of the guys right in front of him. You'll have to pause it though.

Edited by JackieChan

HAHAHAHA!!! Oh man that was too funny!!! Nice one JC!

golly gee!

This is insane. This probably requires a bit of cheating or good speechcraft, but BEFRIEND Nevil. Kill everyone but the old lady and talk to him. He kills her himself!

THAT WAS INSANE.

I'll try to make a movie of it another time though... holy crap...

Unclean, thought about it, but its gonna cost more with shipping and I'll end up getting in in 3-4 days anyway.

Anonymo, not gonna pay 24 bucks to have access to dl a game for 50 bucks and not have a hardcopy.

I've been stalking the video game section at walmart...and enjoying it really. Drives the wife nutz tho.

aLRIGHT ALRIGHT....

So I bought the darn game but had the wrong video card.

I went to Fry's Electronics and bought the GeFORCE 7800GT for $369.99 and will install it later tonight.

Can ya'll tell me if I spent too much for this? Is this too much power for this ONE game? Should I keep this card (i have a 30-day money-back guarantee)?

Let me know!

Nope, you should get rid of the card,

RMA it to

RMA Department

123 Brillow_Head Drive

IpwnU, SD, 55555

Attention: Brillow

You recieve the standard return product GF6800 GT COD'ed for shipping price.

Thx and have a nice day. At the end of this call please participate in a short survey.

:)