ES: Oblivion

anonymo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oblivion is the 4 game in The Eldar Scrolls series. (I have no idea what the first 2 are, but TES III is Morrowind) Massive world, open gaming style. You can follow the main game line, or do like Ebil was talking about, and go off and find your own adventures.

Morrowind came out, maybe 3 years ago? There were a couple expansions to that too, Tribunal and Bloodmoon, where you could become infected with vampirism. o0o

Wolf, you should know this!! The first of the series was a game called Arena, second was Daggerfall, then as a sub-game in the series they made Redguard. Following that was Morrowind (with its two expansions) and then there was finally Oblivion! *aldan shakes his head*

So I bought the new GeForce 7800GS graphics card, but it requires at least 350w power supply.

:=

Grrr....there goes $80 more dollars for a power supply just to play this game!!!

This better be goood.... :twitch:

For the playing experience, it's totally worth it.

For that much money... you're probably better off getting a new computer in general.

____________SPOILERS____________

I did the thieves guild first, and now that I have the gray cowl, I just put that on whenever I'm doing something evil, maintaining my character's good name. It's really funny when I walk out of a house after murdering somebody, watch the guard run up to me, and take off the gray cowl right before he gets to me. He just says "What is it, citizen?" and carries on with his business. That cowl is fantastic!

____________SPOILERS____________

I did the thieves guild first, and now that I have the gray cowl, I just put that on whenever I'm doing something evil, maintaining my character's good name. It's really funny when I walk out of a house after murdering somebody, watch the guard run up to me, and take off the gray cowl right before he gets to me. He just says "What is it, citizen?" and carries on with his business. That cowl is fantastic!

Bah thieves guild for the loose.

I'm in mage and warrior.

great game, this is how a role play game should be. seemless between exploring and fighting. it doesnt have that annoying music and battle screen that pops up every 6.5 seconds when exploring. it also is not turn based, good choice :luxhello:

Ive delivered the amulet, I am horseback and on the way to the city SW.

Still playing Morrowind (and re-adicting myself to it), still waiting on Walmart to get Oblivion in, still trying to explain to my wife why I've been playing for 12 hours at a time....the last one aint goin so well. <shrug>

umm... maybe not my place but, Brillow why not check Bestbuy, Gamestop, EB, etc?

We have a Bestbuy and a Gamestop just a little over an hour away. I've had no reason to do the traveling and spend about $34 dollars on a $50 game. Once again, I'm patiently buying my time, and whinning about it in the mean time.

I'll be making the drive this weekend so if it doesn't come in by then....yoink!

Edited by Brillow_Head

I thought Wal-Mart wasn't going to restock it because of all the horrible things you can do in the game like stealing and raising the dead...sorry brill...I had to...I'm very surprised you haven't driven to the closest store that carries it yet...I woulda gone last week if it was only an hour away...where's your oblivion psychosis? I played for a total of 22 hours this weekend...and was on call all of sunday..."sorry...where do you need me to be (sounds of "heya!" and "arrrg!" in the background)"

(edited)

LOL you fellas need to be smart about it all... I usually put some sleeping pills in my wifes nightly coffee, as far as she knows I never play on the pc anymore.. :) BUT I have been terribly addicted to a new nintendo DS game I got called Tao's Adventure, I play anytime anywhere...

Edited by Batman

Alright, you guys convinced me. Well sort of. I was looking for a

real good RPG earlier this year. Tried several things including downloading

dungeon doom which utilizes the

Doom 3 engine for a pretty fantastic little RPG. (as long as your not too big on graphics)

Today I finally decided to go look for Oblivion, because I'm really looking for

a FF kind of game. I traded in two games and there was a special to get 20% off

at EB games if you got the book as well. So I picked up both & basicly got the book

for free. This book is at least 2" thick, and contains all the spoilers available

for this game at present I'm sure. I'm not going to open this book unless

absoloutly nessesary, but if anyone gets stuck and needs a hand PM me & I'll

let you know what the book says.