ES: Oblivion

anonymo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going to be out of luck until you can get the skeleton key from Nocturnal, or until you join the thieves guild. AFAIK fences are the only merchants that sell lockpicks. Not sure if they actually carry them on their person, as you may be able to steal the picks from them, but it's doubtful. Never tried since members of the thieves guild aren't supposed to steal from other members...

I always quick save before attempting to open a hard+ lock if I'm low on picks...I hate getting into a very hard chest only to find tongs and 50 gold...bah!

I've asked Fatty to create an Oblivion forums so hopefully we don't have to make this topic too long

BTW making your own enchanted items at the arcane university is sick!!

If I think I know what you're talking about. You need to talk to people instead of killing them.

I did... and they take my stuff... and I still end up doing to samething ROFL. I just keep wanting to do the samething... and I unfortunately die. Barging in is more fun? maybe a little impossible?

-----

and Wayfer... those lock tumblers fall in a pattern. tap tap tap until you can predict when you can lock them in place.

<---supa theif :P

You can do it a few ways:

1.) Run in a kill them all.

2.) Drop your stuff on the ground before they take it then pick it back up, killing them all later.

3.) Give the guy your stuff, goto the alter, take the book and free the slave, killing everyone in the process.

4.) Give the guy your stuff, sacrifice the slave, the members will start to walk away, kill them all one by one.

When you give all your stuff to them one of the guys will have it on him. So you can kill him and get your goodies back.

You can do it a few ways:

1.) Run in a kill them all.

2.) Drop your stuff on the ground before they take it then pick it back up, killing them all later.

3.) Give the guy your stuff, goto the alter, take the book and free the slave, killing everyone in the process.

4.) Give the guy your stuff, sacrifice the slave, the members will start to walk away, kill them all one by one.

When you give all your stuff to them one of the guys will have it on him. So you can kill him and get your goodies back.

lol i finished it like 20 mins after i posted about it. But option 1 was my man plan rofl... then option 3... then back to 1... yeah a bell ran off on my head I drop my stuff back in Blade's HQ and ran back to the baddie's place... and yeah I got it done. :peace:

my security skill is around 44

on another note... what does it mean when one of those numbers on your stats is in the color of red?

If you kill the slave it adds the cult to your list of factions. I wanted to join them and own it up evil style. But they wouldn't let me. :(

meh I'm bad but not that bad. :P

good bad guy?

or bad good guy...

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Something is lowering it. Could be a disease, a spell, an item. If you're doing the Dark Brotherhood it's most likely the Scales of Pitiless Justice.

I slept... nothign fixed.. i don't have any equipment that says it will hurt my agility it's at a 69 and it's red. It there a doctor in the house... :unsure: I'm not in the dark brotherhood... :P maybe next character? or later

meh wasted a item that said it "cures disease" umm no fix to my mystery...

Edited by EbilDustBunny

• 2 weeks later...

So how do you get a horse in the game? Do you start out with one?

I tried playing Morrowind but didn't like it that much, maybe because I felt it wasn't structured enough and I just kept wandering around, running into trouble. Either that or I kept killing the "dancers" (read: strippers) at that establishment called "Wordly Delights" or whatever it was called.

on another note... what does it mean when one of those numbers on your stats is in the color of red?

If you kill the slave it adds the cult to your list of factions. I wanted to join them and own it up evil style. But they wouldn't let me. :(

meh I'm bad but not that bad. :P

good bad guy?

or bad good guy...

I'm guessing it happens when you equip an item that lowers that stat.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow this thread really died, but I can't figure ot how to change my video quality. The game automatically set it at low quality, and I think my graphics card is better than that (Geforce FX 5900 XT) I know there's a few video options in the "options" button ingame, but I don't think those really affect how crisp the picture is.