Online BUY SELL TRADE WITH NO FEES

Preacher

Want to thank ZD, Benjester and Unclean for great trades/sales. Great to know we have a community of dependable and trustworthy folks that are here to stay.

Thank you as well Preacher. I have learned that I suck at sneaking around and trying not to kill people... 8)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After upgrading my PC, i have a ton of extra hardware laying around!

Here is what I have..

Memory

2 X 1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR 500 (PC4000) CL 3 - $200

2 x 512 MB Mushkin (BH5) DDR 400 (PC3200) CL 2 - $150

2 x 512 MB Corsair XMS DDR 400 (PC3200) CL 2 - $100

1 x 512 MB Geil DDR 400 (PC3200) CL 2.5 - $50

Video Cards

2 x 7800 GTXs (EVGA) - $300 each

1 x 9800 PRO AGP 128MB - $80

Cases

1 x Lian-Li V1000B ATX (Modded with top exhaust fans) - $150

1 x CoolerMaster Stacker - $100

I'd imagine they'd be negotiable somewhat -- upon further research, the GTX cards seem a little pricey too. The 7900GT cards are superior to them, and they can be purchased (new) for about $300 too.

On a related note, when is the For Sale forum going live? :)

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

Hey Preacher, please leave me an eval at heatware... please!

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=18893

As for the RAM prices, I wish I could have bought that Ballistix from you a month or so ago. That stuff is not being made anymore and that price of 200 is a fantastic deal.

The fastest 7900GT on the market ($360 - out of stock) is comparable with the stock 7800GTX. These cards are priced between $450 and $500 on Newegg. I don't believe $300 is too pricey..

also, if you actually look at what kind of memory it is.. yeah.. prices seem fine to me. Take it or leave it.. but do your homework before posting "hmmmmmmmmmmm looks pricey.. :smiling2::peace:

2 7800GTX cards, eh? What did you upgrade to?

I may be interested in one of those cards if I can find a buyer for my X800XL. :)

I just sold my x800XL PE for $150.. i think you will def. find a home for it if you're willing.

Filter for dick removed.....let me know if you guys see any abuse anywhere.

Funny, I had filtered it twice....one replacement was richard, but the other, and second, was johnson....

Anyways, let me know if there's a problem.

Still gotta set the b/s/t forum up.

I've been toying around with the idea of selling my graphics card too. I was able to max out Doom III, Quake 4, and CS:S with it and AA/AF cranked. If interested, send me a note.

ATI Sapphire X800XL 256MB ($130)

Would that card improve my system? I just don't know where that card ranks compared to mine....

EXTREME GAMER CASE COPPER

AMD ATHLON 3200+

GIGA BYTE GA-7VT600L SOCKET

2 x 512 MB DDR PC3200 400MHZ

80GB 7200RPM SAMSUNG HARD DR

ATI RADEON 9800XT

WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION

Man, gotta seriously make that forum so these items can have their own topics....

Fat that card is a step up from what you have. You're CS gaming may not see drastic improvement but Quake 4, Doom 3 and F.E.A.R. will see it.

No, I think CS would see it too.

All I have to sell though is

1, count 'em 1 DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-D, it's awsome for overclocking, but very picky about what parts you pick.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

I would focus more on a new mobo/cpu Fatty. You are still using older Athlon XP Technology while everything else is going 64-bit and dual core. I would not bother with a new vid card until then.

I def. think you will see an improvement in CS:S with the upgrade to 'Unclean's' x800x. You should be able to increase your video settings and still get the same frames. You probably won't get any more frames using the same settings.

1, count 'em 1 DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-D, it's awsome for overclocking, but very picky about what parts you pick.

This is a nice mobo.. i use the DFI nF4 LanParty Ultra SLI, Lian-Li PC-V1000B

Edited by mohawk

Fatty, you would see an increase by upgrading to the X800XL. According to Tom's Hardware Guide, you'd be looking at about 15 frames/second increase in CS, and about 40 in other games like Doom3:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/05/vga..._vii/page7.html

Mohawk hit it dead on. The core clock on your card is slightly higher (12 mhz), but the memory clock is much slower (~300mhz) and it has half the pixel pipelines as the X800XL (which means it can't process nearly as much at once). The result means you won't see a huge FPS increase, but you can crank up the eyecandy settings (like AA, AF, etc).

Or I could go into CS:S and take a few screenshots of graphics settings and how the game looks (with netgraph3 enabled). Your call.

If you're interested in this card though, you'd need a new motherboard. Yours only has AGP and PCI slots, and my X800XL is a PCI Express (x16). It's your call.

I def. think you will see an improvement in CS:S with the upgrade to 'Unclean's' x800x. You should be able to increase your video settings and still get the same frames. You probably won't get any more frames using the same settings.

This is a nice mobo.. i use the DFI nF4 LanParty Ultra SLI, Lian-Li PC-V1000B

I hate it actually. After finding out that I had to change the voltage, and get different ram I decided to just get the new Asus, not as customizable but easy so I'm happy.

The fastest 7900GT on the market ($360 - out of stock) is comparable with the stock 7800GTX. These cards are priced between $450 and $500 on Newegg. I don't believe $300 is too pricey..

also, if you actually look at what kind of memory it is.. yeah.. prices seem fine to me. Take it or leave it.. but do your homework before posting "hmmmmmmmmmmm looks pricey.. :smiling2::peace:

I don't understand how the fastest 7900 is comparable with the stock 7800GTX. I'm not trying to be confrontational here... I really want to know. Here's what my research shows:

7900GT:

Core Clock 450MHz

Memory Clock 1320MHz

24 Pixel Pipelines

7800GTX:

Core clock: 490MHz

Memory Clock: 1300MHz

PixelPipelines: 24

It seems that the 7900 is slightly slower on the core clock (40MHz) and slightly higher on the memory clock (20Mhz). How do the two compare benchmark-wise?

2 7800GTX cards, eh? What did you upgrade to?

I may be interested in one of those cards if I can find a buyer for my X800XL. :)

I just sold my x800XL PE for $150.. i think you will def. find a home for it if you're willing.

Ok, that's good to know. :) So if you're getting rid of the 7800GTX's, what are you upgrading to? X1900XT's?

Could be upgrading to 7900GTXs too. Depending on what model 7800GTX it is it could also have 512MB of memory. No game on the market today can really use that much video memory but it helps with bragging rights.

I have an eVGA 6800 ULTRA 256MB card up for sale if someone wants to make me a good offer on it. The card was used in a display machine at work but I have verified it is fully functional. I'm A+ certified if that puts anyone to ease about the functionality.

Preacher, do you still want DOOM III: Resurrection of Evil? I can get you a copy for like $12 +shipping brand new. I work at a computer store and the software is discontinued so its cheap for us. I could ship it however you want but $4.XX priority is probably the best. Employee Discount on the software is $11.26 but then theres sales tax which brings it to $12.02. Lemme know if you are interested.

I'm not trying to undermine ya here, Cob, but Preacher could get the game shipped for $13 shipped on ebay. Just enter this easy-to-remember URL in your favorite web browser!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Doom-3-Resurrectio...1QQcmdZViewItem

It'll save you the hassle of buying the software and shipping it out yourself.

But I'll bet you could get some other killer deals! What else can ya get? :)

Hey man, $0.99 still gets you a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger :)...hehehhehe. I would have checked ebay but Websense at work blocks it. I can get everything under the sun. Let me know what you are interested in and I will see what I can do.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm going to go get a Jr. Bacon right now.

Edited by Cobalt[Infinity]

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

I think Fatty will benefit more from upgrading his hardware (mobo, cpu, etc) than buying a minor ugrade in videocards. His limitation right now is the older athlonxp technology. He could probably resell it here and recoop some of his cost and pick up a decent athlon 64 setup.

I think Fatty will benefit more from upgrading his hardware (mobo, cpu, etc) than buying a minor ugrade in videocards. His limitation right now is the older athlonxp technology. He could probably resell it here and recoop some of his cost and pick up a decent athlon 64 setup.

Or turn it in to a media server. That is becoming a popular alternative.

I don't understand how the fastest 7900 is comparable with the stock 7800GTX. I'm not trying to be confrontational here... I really want to know. Here's what my research shows:

7900GT:

Core Clock 450MHz

Memory Clock 1320MHz

24 Pixel Pipelines

7800GTX:

Core clock: 490MHz

Memory Clock: 1300MHz

PixelPipelines: 24

It seems that the 7900 is slightly slower on the core clock (40MHz) and slightly higher on the memory clock (20Mhz). How do the two compare benchmark-wise?

Remember i said.. "fastest" 7900GT on the market.. the clock speeds you listed are for a stock 7900GT..

.. this is the 7900GT that I have card .. and if you look at the clock speeds, they are 550 and 1580... schwwwwwwing :spin2:

Edited by mohawk

Remember i said.. "fastest" 7900GT on the market.. the clock speeds you listed are for a stock 7900GT..

.. this is the 7900GT that I have card .. and if you look at the clock speeds, they are 550 and 1580... schwwwwwwing :spin2:

That's a NICE speed. :)

In relation to the 7800GTX vs 7900GT, I don't think we're comparing apples to apples. And THAT'S where I'm getting confused.

First, compare prices/specs of non-overclocked 7800GTX and 7900GT cards. Then compare prices/specs of the overclocked versions of those cards. Is it that the 7900GT cards can be overclocked way more? Because purely from a price standpoint, it seems like $300 is still pricey for a 7800GTX if someone can buy a new 7900GT and overclock it higher than the 7800GTX.

(why do you think i am selling my two 7800GTX's.. i upgraded to two top-end 7900GTs that I can overclock.. to about 565..

However, 7900GTs are very hard to come by atm.. which is why I think $300 for a 7800GTX that is still selling retail for $500 is a fair price.. I should edit my originally listing.. only have 1 now anyway

Because purely from a price standpoint, it seems like $300 is still pricey for a 7800GTX if someone can buy a new 7900GT and overclock it higher than the 7800GTX.

I understand what you are saying.. you are looking at $360 for a new 7900GT (which is out of stock everywhere) that can overclock above and beyond the stock 7800GTX

Edited by mohawk