Question for ya PC pro's

BIGSHaW

(edited)

:bang: Ok here is a deal, I have my friend's PC and I can't figure out whats wrong with it. It resets and crashes with blue screen message that says something about physical memory being dumped, or windows shut down to prevent damage to the hardware....and thats after a clean format

The motherboard and CPU are brand new, also new powersupply and new harddrive.

Its AMD 2200 (1.1GHz) 512 RAM.

My bet would be the problem is in RAM, see one memory card is PC2700 while the other one is PC3200 could that be it???

Help me plz Im all out of ideas. Thanks

Edited by BIGSHaW

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Try one stick at a time, one without the other to see if it continues. That would be the first place I would check.

DId that already ZD, both of them work fine ....although the whole thing is inconsistent...I mean for the past 2 hrs both of them are in there and nothing happend yet :(

Another question, is there any kind of software out there that could test it and gimme a definate answer???

Thx for all ur help fellas!

I ran the ramtest but after 40 mins of testing and passing 2 tests nothing came up. So I gues PC2700 and PC3200 are compatible...

Cujo, care to expand on it? u sure 2200 doesn't run on 1.1Ghz cuz thats what it says right now it runs at 1.1...I left it to run during the night and it did reset again...Also I checked all the drivers...they all fine system has no errors. :(

(edited)

Hmmm its not Athlon XP Zero, its Duron...it is running at 1.2 Ghz currently which is default I guess.

Today I went to the store and exchanged two RAMs for one 512Mb and so far no resets or freezes (keeps his fingers crossed)

So I guess in the end it was compatibility issue between the two...however memtest86 showed no errors <hmm>

Anyway I call it a day, thank all of u guyz, this place just wouldnt be the same with out all of ur support and ideas! thank you fellas! :)

Edited by BIGSHaW

the blue screen with the physical memory....i get that too

<--- me being not much of a comp expert, i just press the reset button everytime i gets it (i dont get it a lot)

actually, everytime something is wrong i just press the reset button and if it gets worse, i just do a clean reformat

not sure if this will help, but this usually happens after my comp is on a for a very long time....

ok a duron 2200 is supposed to be running at 1.8ghz. if you have a 2200 duron running at 1.1 then your bios settings are way off.

zero, at 1.1 why is his cpu running too fast?? don't you mean too slow?

yeah, I didn't read that through the first time. May want to check the bios and see if it's set to run at 100/133/166 I believe the Duron chips run at 133 (266) so it it's not at it's proper clock speed then you may need to reset the bios selection to the proper clock. you might want to run this little program to verify: http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-132.zip