there is a chance i can come

TheGeek

(edited)

well ebil should be a diplomat,

with that said i have a plan.

leave wednesday, july 5th taking the greyhoud bus, leaving at 6:45 AM

get to general area close to my hotel sometime on the 5th (most likely in the evening) its a 17 hour trip

i will stay at the same hotel as zester and room with him (since he needs roomies)

assuming that zester is driving there, i could just get a ride with him to the activities

leave the 9th on the greyhound bus

bus = $110 round trip

room = $50 if i room with zester

reserve = $45

food = $40

extra spending money = $30

am i missing anything?

oh and the only thing stopping me is my parents. my parents might be too worried to let me go by myself, thats why im planning to go with discombobulated. but that means that we would have to convince his parents as well. mine and disco's parents know eachother and both of them worry, a lot....

so any suggestions on how we can convince our parents? like how we wont die, or that there are good adults watching over us making sure that we dont ambush strange sotherners *caugh ~lunk~ caugh*

note: zester, if im assuming too much let me know.

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998

(edited)

Okay, sorry to talk $ to ya. Hope I dont scare you away with the figures, but it all has to be addressed now, and not become a surprise later on.

Yes, I do need hotelroomates for FF Wed-Sun (4 nights)

80 bucks a night x 4 = 320

with three of us staying that will be roughly 106.67 per person.

Also, what is reserve? you're ticket or cash you plan on having just incase something comes up?

I believe the ticket is 60 as of now.

I will be driving down and I'm sure if it was a nice ride down, I'll haul your bum around.

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=23598

That link is to ebil's ordeal that you are going through right now. The time before confronting your parents, the time before you commint any $ to FF. There are some issues in there that you did not post up yet. PC mainly.

If you want to rent a PC check this link out:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=24775

I'm not postive on the status of the PC Rentals, so make sure to speak to Fatty if that thread doesnt answer any of your questions.

In ebil's thread, (or you can just talk to her), there is some good info pertaining to persuading your parents to allow you to go, to show them it's a good place your traveling to, to show them it's a SAFE place your traveling to.

Last note... JC posted up about the SAMEthing you are now. There was A LOT of helping hands out there... try to utilize that, instead of doing what he did. (nothing against JC, but here's the link, decide for yourself)

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=24909

Edited by ZesteR

GC Alumni
(edited)

I thought it was 75... for the rooming. you know there's a hotel code for the event but you might have to talk to fatty... because he had to help me out with the booking for my room because i had to show up weds... if you try to sign up with the code on july 5th... it will say rooms are all booked... it's a lie there's still plenty of hotel rooms.

I'm pretty sure you'd ben spending more then $40 for food... lol.

I'll post again after I get back from school... right now i'm pushing the phrase fashionably late :P

Again you have pretty much 90 days... to convince your parents!

Edited by EbilDustBunny

GC Alumni
(edited)

Ok correction is is $79 so yeah 80... my bad

I picked my words carefully...I never called it a LAN... in your case I'd avoid making it sound like a gaming convention because if you really look at it... that's only one part of FF, they have poker, billards, ping pong, prolly other sports, and bunch of other things. More of a community reunion, I guess. I just said convention, where I'm meeting a bunch of my friends.

When I talked to my I pretty much said I was going and was just letting them know my plans and if everything checked out with them... even though I was truly asking. (just make sure you're prepared to win the fight before you go state it my way ROFL... it's all about choosing the fights you can win...so find your angle) (not for everyone)

My parents didn't even want to hear it and just shut me out. Have the guts to stand up to them and let them know hey you have to hear my side of it before you even say anything.

Ask them "what will it take to make the trip okay"... and compromise.

My parents said the internet is evil how do you know these people are who they say they are... hence I called the hotel and showed them the website and frankly said who in the world would go through this much to con a massive amount people?(and have them all gather at one location that's just ebil) Make a reserve for an event... take alot of personal information from the host. Parents want to see creditablity show that GC has been hosting this event for a long time now... I'm sure they got this convention hosting thing down. (aka. carefully selected pictures from past FFs).

Safety issue? Remember let them know there's going to be lots of families there at the event... if it's safe enough for a child to be there, come on, it's safe for an 18 year old. I'm sure there's enough seasoned parental figures to keep us out of (too much) trouble.

There's so much to write... I hope this help anyone that wants to go. Again I'm willing to help anyone with advice that is going to atleast try.

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Okay, sorry to talk $ to ya. Hope I dont scare you away with the figures, but it all has to be addressed now, and not become a surprise later on.

Yes, I do need hotelroomates for FF Wed-Sun (4 nights)

80 bucks a night x 4 = 320

with three of us staying that will be roughly 106.67 per person.

Also, what is reserve? you're ticket or cash you plan on having just incase something comes up?

I believe the ticket is 60 as of now.

I will be driving down and I'm sure if it was a nice ride down, I'll haul your bum around.

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=23598

That link is to ebil's ordeal that you are going through right now. The time before confronting your parents, the time before you commint any $ to FF. There are some issues in there that you did not post up yet. PC mainly.

If you want to rent a PC check this link out:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=24775

I'm not postive on the status of the PC Rentals, so make sure to speak to Fatty if that thread doesnt answer any of your questions.

In ebil's thread, (or you can just talk to her), there is some good info pertaining to persuading your parents to allow you to go, to show them it's a good place your traveling to, to show them it's a SAFE place your traveling to.

Last note... JC posted up about the SAMEthing you are now. There was A LOT of helping hands out there... try to utilize that, instead of doing what he did. (nothing against JC, but here's the link, decide for yourself)

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=24909

oops, i meant around $50-60 bucks per night, thats if i come alone. I will bring my own computer, i dont see the point of renting another computer when i have my own. I dont think it will get dammaged on a greyhound bus. I think i have a strategy for bringing this up to my parents.

So the price to get into FF is 60 now? ok...

the extra spending money will be for playing pool, buying energy drinks, that sort of thing. if me and disco dont go will you be alone zester?

i will be headed down thursday evening if you want to just ride with me. i wouldnt mind a little help with gas but it would be cheaper then riding the bus, and quicker... hehehehe. lol, but yea send me a PM and we will chat.

if me and disco dont go will you be alone zester?

i'm assuming u mean hotel room wise.

I havent got my hotel room yet... b/c IF i dont find a roomate for the extra two days... I wont be heading down til Friday. It's not smart for me to spend an extra 160 just to stay another two days alone in a hotel room.

So no, I wont be alone.. Ill just be home. :(

Dont feel obligated to come down either... that'll make me feel bad.

i am planning to room with you zester, i will know in the next 2 weeks if i have a chance on going.

if i have a chance then there is only a 25% chance that i wont be able to go, so to get that "chance" is pritty significant.

Well, if u need... ill send a picture of me... and my 120lb body.

They wont be afraid that I might be a rapist..

(also, that I have gone to this last year too) FF05 group pic.

Just PM me when you get your ticket and if disco is coming... b/c Ill do the hotel reservations... unless your parents want proof of u doing it, then Ill just PayPal the cash or w/e.. I'm jumping ahead.. sorry.

Well, if u need... ill send a picture of me... and my 120lb body.

They wont be afraid that I might be a rapist..

(also, that I have gone to this last year too) FF05 group pic.

Just PM me when you get your ticket and if disco is coming... b/c Ill do the hotel reservations... unless your parents want proof of u doing it, then Ill just PayPal the cash or w/e.. I'm jumping ahead.. sorry.

can you just pay the hotel with a credit card?

and i will give you cash when i get there?

i ran into a problem.........

i need money for college for winter semester, and i found out that i need to pay my tuition RIGHT NOW for it to stop gaining intrest. pfft! stupid! i am not eligble for financial aid! so i have to spend the money i make this summer for the payments.

im pritty sure i wont be going to FF

sorry.

lol, lousy excuse. i am paying $563 a month for my edumacashonn on top of a mortgage and car payment. what im tryin to say is... theres always a way to work it out.

what if i give you a ride, then you wont have to pay jack to get down there and back. i will pay for the gas. then all you have to pay for is your room and food. would that help?

lol, lousy excuse. i am paying $563 a month for my edumacashonn on top of a mortgage and car payment. what im tryin to say is... theres always a way to work it out.

what if i give you a ride, then you wont have to pay jack to get down there and back. i will pay for the gas. then all you have to pay for is your room and food. would that help?

i just talked with my mom and she said that she "....feels very uncomfortable" with me going down with a stranger. she said that she was considering letting me go, but she said that she needs another person to go with me that she knows. she is not charging me rent money (except for money for random things here and there) and no food costs. so i have to obey her and not rock the boat.

the person i was thinking to go with me was discombobulated, but his parents said no once the word "ohio" came out of his mouth. disco's parents do not budge for anything. so he cannot go this year, and that means that even if i wanted to, i cant go either.

disco thinks that we might be able to go next year, but im afraid of people not going next year that is going this year. i will keep on talking with my mom, that is for sure. because i still want to go. i REALLY want to go.

oh, could somebody post up a link to the previous FF pics? so i can show my mom that there are adults that are not child molesters. lol she still thinks that somebody would be able to molest me, i can bench 230 to 260 pounds and she thinks that some fat pervert is going to get me. i guess she is trying to find a way to say no.

i WILL keep on trying. i promise.

its official, im not going

my heater core broke on my car. its going to cost me 450 bucks to get it replaced and installed.

450 STINKIN BUCKS!! PLUS MORE FOR THE PART!!

its expensive because its hard to get at.

........................................need money.

Ok, ... that's an easy fix, and You dont need to know A LOT about cars to fix that.

What car do you have?!

Buy the part at a A&A or Napa Auto parts store, then put it on yourself.

I have changed probably 4 of these in 4 different cars (All still work great)

Let me know if you need any help.

We will not allow you to get away that easy :P

Kilz even offered a ride!!

You can room with me.

and I'm sure you can bring ur own computer... and seriously dont worry too much about food. I dont think I spent more than $40 on food for 3 days.

(Free breakfast coupons ftw!)