talking animals

whether the bible is true or false do you deny the immense capabilities of idiot savants.

Whether you believe the bible or whether you believe it's a fairy tale, how do you explain savants achievments of their minds.

My take is the 10% myth has truth in one way or another. But my other thought is that perhaps God designed us to have flawless memory, comprehension and perhaps even animals is they could access more of their brain matter could speak : ) hahahaha

i know i sound ridiculous.

Auggy

well to throw out a thought without any backing....

since in the bible it says that we are created in God's image, then maybe we are suppose to be more than we are, since sin has seperated us from God. and when sin came to us, eve was physically changed, since she would now feel pain of child birth. maybe we did change more ways then one. *MAYBE*

I really don't think MOST animals' mouths are put together so they can function talking-wise. Obviously, we know animals like gray parrots can mimic us and make words with their beaks. But humans make noises and talk without fully shutting their mouth all the time, which is physically impossible for animals like horses and other livestock. Would you then be saying that animals evolved so much that their face structure changed since the time of the Bible? I doubt it.

Again, the savants' advancements comes at a price. I'd rather be socially skilled while still having a high intelligence than being a genius and locked up in an asylum. Maybe someone can find some studies on the internet about brain waves in savants, etc.? I'm too lazy... :P

Edited by emily

emily,

I realize savants have the bad luggage.

I'm simply speculating that perhaps they are showing us what out minds are capable of.

Perhaps before the fall man did remember like a savant. Perhaps math was simple to us.

they show us the brain can do it. So perhaps we can do those types of things and keep

our social intellegences.

Aug

as for snakes talking, what language do you suppose they speak : )

indian i think hahahahaha

emily,

I realize savants have the bad luggage.

I'm simply speculating that perhaps they are showing us what out minds are capable of.

I think this is where we're not communicating... you are dismissing "the bad luggage", but what if that "bad luggage" is actually a result of the specialized intelligence? I'm not sure if you're a computer person or not, but one analogy is overclocking a processor.

People can make processors go faster than they were designed, right? But is that sustainable? After awhile, something may go wrong. Or something may go wrong right away. Overheating, degrading quality over time, etc.

I figured since you were going from a conceptual level, this might make more sense. :) So our brains are operating at full capacity, and the idiot savant's brain attempted to go beyond that and was damaged.

unclean,

I think that makes sense.

although I would say not proven. that bad luggage may or may not be...

whatever the case the mind does have the capability is the point still yet.

and yes I realize that the capability may only be accessible by damaging the brain.

but i appreciate that point cause it makes me wonder less : )

ok guys I've given up on this thought...

basically this is what just popped into my mind on the way home from work.

I thought...man if wiener dogs could talk then what would they do? They would become ambitious and not want to be outside. They want soft beds, watch a little TV, get jobs (doing what) and what about the bugs? What about the sparrows? They would want to write books but they couldnt becuase they have paws???

its all nonsense to me now : )

Sorry for even mentioning this lame brain idea : )

Auggy