III better or worse than IV?

anonymo

III better or worse than IV?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Completely different catagorey.

Same spells, pretty much same skills.

GUI is completely different. I honestly like morrowinds better minus the fact that you dont have to mouse-over potions and such to figure out what stuff is in Oblivion.

Graphic style is different. Imperial brick and mortar with peasant buildings is a departure from the artistic, almost natural feel of the tellavani towers. No clear winner.

Story line. Oblivion is urgent, dire almost. Morrowind is relaxed, paced. Way different and not worth comparing.

Difficulty: With the righ equipment and levels Morrowind is cake. Oblivion kicks my rear so far. Oblivion is more challanging so far. Still, Im not affraid in Morrowind to explore...basically fearless loot running...kinda cool. Oblivion has the edge.

Controls. Oblivion in combat is solid. I like the fact that if I pick up a weapon Im not skilled with, then I can still hit with it instead of whiffing >75% of the time as in Morrowind. Other than that...its about the same.

Graphics. Duh, Oblivion. Ive modded Morrowind to the gills with Better Bodies, Better Heads, Vivid Morrowind, Simmer Reducer (makes magic stuff have a sheen rather than an over glossy shine)...still looking for armor replacers and weapon replacers to increase the mess quality. Still, after the overhaul, it really looks much much better and it holds the replay value cause I'm not like...ew, ugly modles. I do also like the fact that my framrate is maxed in Morrowind instead of just at 30 Hertz.

Still, Oblivion is beautiful.

Overall, besides graphics and combat, there is no comparisons.