Purchase via Download?

Brillow_Head

Read in the Oblivion offical forums that quite a few people are having trouble getting their DVD players to either register the fact that the DVD is in the Drive or it wont install the disk thinking its a blank media.

I remember having major issues trying to load the DVD version of Sims 2 on my old computer. Problem was the DVD burner was too old and didn't have a firmware update for the new anti-piracy software...long story short, it would never run the DVD unless I purchased a new drive.

I shudder to think about how long I've waited for the game only to get it home and have my DVD spit it back at me. Granted I've built a new computer system since then...

Soooo....I know fileplanet has the game for digital purchase. Would anyone recommend the download? If anyone has any experience with it, what size is the d/l pipe? 5 GB is alot to d/l.

I guess I'd rather physically have the game...but I dont want any install problems...gonna have enough hardware problems with framerate as it is. :(

Edited by Brillow_Head

I bought Fear on the digital purchase from direct2drive, and CIV III, in fact a few games. Never had a problem with it as long as you use the latest version of WINRAR to open the files, and you can of course back them up to a DVD yourself.

Of course if the disk is then scratched or lost, you can just download it again.